Classic boots VS. Oxford boots: Which to choose?!

itzme

O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Hi everyone! I bought two pairs of boots recently, and one of them is returnable. I don't know if I should keep them, or return them as I have a few pairs of boots to wear for the fall/winter. The Oxford trend seems to be rubbing on to me, but I don't know how long it'll stay trendy. I do like the lace detailing and the heel. I think it'll be a nice boot with bootcut/ flare jeans. My friends, on the other hand, aren't too fond of it and just think they look kinky.. dominatrix (sp?) style ;) The other pair that I have is from Dolce Vita. It has a more sleekier, cleaner look to it, and I know I'll wear it for sure.

Keep in mind: I got both at great, cheap prices. However, I don't really want the price to be a deciding factor if one of them is just downright bad and won't last me more than one season.

Would you keep one or both? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3541(1).JPG
    IMG_3541(1).JPG
    18 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_3542(1).JPG
    IMG_3542(1).JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 258
I'd say keep both! :yahoo: Personally, I like ankle Oxfords better, but yours definitely don't look too dominatrix to me - if they had 4 inch stilettos on the other hand...
Oh and I love the other ones!

I would keep the simple & sleek Dolce Vita boots. I think you'll be able to wear them in 5 years and people will still compliment you on them. I'm not a fan of the oxford boots but that's mostly because I don't like non-functional fashion (fake pockets, zippers, or laces).

I very much like the Oxford style boots. I like the details and I find the other pair to be a dime a dozen because they aren't so much classic as boring to me. I don't think a nice pair of lace-up boots are trendy or dominatrix-like at all.

Hi All, Im a newbie here,

But for all it is worth, I like the Oxford. Fashion is about trends. But if you are looking for timeless go with the other boot. I also think that the oxford is more versitile and could go with a cute skirt too.