Classic boots VS. Oxford boots: Which to choose?!

itzme

O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Hi everyone! I bought two pairs of boots recently, and one of them is returnable. I don't know if I should keep them, or return them as I have a few pairs of boots to wear for the fall/winter. The Oxford trend seems to be rubbing on to me, but I don't know how long it'll stay trendy. I do like the lace detailing and the heel. I think it'll be a nice boot with bootcut/ flare jeans. My friends, on the other hand, aren't too fond of it and just think they look kinky.. dominatrix (sp?) style ;) The other pair that I have is from Dolce Vita. It has a more sleekier, cleaner look to it, and I know I'll wear it for sure.

Keep in mind: I got both at great, cheap prices. However, I don't really want the price to be a deciding factor if one of them is just downright bad and won't last me more than one season.

Would you keep one or both? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

cllover

Aug 4, 2008
writing prison
I'd say keep both! :yahoo: Personally, I like ankle Oxfords better, but yours definitely don't look too dominatrix to me - if they had 4 inch stilettos on the other hand...
Oh and I love the other ones!

I would keep the simple & sleek Dolce Vita boots. I think you'll be able to wear them in 5 years and people will still compliment you on them. I'm not a fan of the oxford boots but that's mostly because I don't like non-functional fashion (fake pockets, zippers, or laces).

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I very much like the Oxford style boots. I like the details and I find the other pair to be a dime a dozen because they aren't so much classic as boring to me. I don't think a nice pair of lace-up boots are trendy or dominatrix-like at all.

T

Thestilettoe

Hi All, Im a newbie here,

But for all it is worth, I like the Oxford. Fashion is about trends. But if you are looking for timeless go with the other boot. I also think that the oxford is more versitile and could go with a cute skirt too.