CL python outfit advice needed

I love both! What color is the clutch? Black?

I would probably go with the black/nude ... don't the cotillion girls wear white? Does the "wearing white to a wedding" rule apply to cotillions?

Both outfits are divine. Regardless of which you prefer to wear, think of the occassion that you are wearing them to. If this event is morning/afternoon go for the python combo. But if this is evening, you should consider the black/nude combo with great jewelry.

Yes, let's also not forget the don't wear white to a wedding rule, but I've never been to a cotillion. In general the black combo makes you look curvier and thinner. Tres chic!

If you decide to wear the python anyway, how are you getting to the event? If you are driving and going to valet the car, wear crappy old back up shoes and change them right before you pull up to the valet. Regardless of how durable the python is, these are obviously some of your fave shoes and you don't want to ruin them. I always do the shoe switch when driving to events with chance of rain. I learned my lesson when I ruined a pair of Burberry heals that I loved. If you are not taking a car, either carry a larger bag that the shoes will fit in if you can pull it off, or just don't wear the python. The nude patent will hold up in the rain.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice girls. I believe the color theme my cousin and her court will be wearing is like a dark, ripened peach. The event is a late afternoon into the early night thing. I will most certainly valet the car. I will think it over some more and will post pics later. Oh, and the clutch is black lambskin.

Ooh LavenderIce you are making me green with jealousy...over your nude VPs :smile: I have the Black Halo dress just waiting to be worn and I SO wish I had mine already to wear with it. I was hoping they'd be here by Valentine's Day so I'd have an excuse to get all dolled up...oh well...

I love the first outfit. Perfectly spring and you must debut your gorgeous Activas!

I LOVE the first outfit with the cream/roccia python Activa's (the second one is fine too but I think the first one stands out more and is probably better-suited for a wedding). Activa's are such an under-rated sandal; IMO they go with so many dresses and I actually find them relatively comfortable (don't know if it's just me, but I found diff't colors/versions of "Activa" to fit differently). I've been looking for the Activa's in the camel patent/cork to no avail (gosh can't believe they went on sale at Barneys last summer.....really hunting for those to go with some dresses for spring/summer).

I adore the Activas and like the first outfit, but the second outfit with the Black Halo dress is a knockout on you!! :yes:

I don't know whether this would go, but have tried wearing the Black Halo dress with the Activas to see how they look together? It may work because the Activas are such a sexy shoe and it would be a nice contrast between the navy dress and the white shoe.

I went with the python activas. It was raining, but there was minimal exposure to the elements. There is barely any scuffing on the red sole. I used the Dr. Scholl's strips to line the sandals as I know they tend to pinch a bit and I used the band aid blister block to help prevent friction.

IMG_0630small.jpg

What the strips look like when applied:
IMG_0629small.jpg

I didn't get any full length shots of the outfit, but I did get a request to touch my shoes. As a matter of fact, when I wore my leopard pony hair sevillanas I got a request for that too. Seems like people just want to bow down and bask in the presence of Louboutins.