***CL Lovers' GENERAL CHAT Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how long/how many seasons it takes to go on sale in general? Assume something like 40% off???
I don't think there's a set time for exotics. :shrugs: I know every sale season I've participated in or lurked on there were always exotics from several seasons before and nothing recent. They are usually rather hard to find as well and EXTREMELY limited sizing. I've found that it's mainly the boutiques that you can find the exotics at. The lists for boutiques are so elusive that unless you have a really good SA or do some serious hunting there's a slim chance to score one- even more so than department stores. The only one I've ever gotten was my pink python NS and those came out 3 seasons prior. Granted, I am talking about classics that are in exotic skins. (bianca, NS, Simple, Pigalle, etc etc. )

The only timely exotic that I saw go on sale at the end of it's season was the No.299 Bronze/burgundy python and maybe the gold watersnake maggie made the sale? The maggie memory is kind of fuzzy.. that ones a possibility. But, perhaps this was because they are not the classics in an exotic skin. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this too...

Also, I know that bad batch of watersnake dies in RB, Pink, and Jade made the sale, but I don't recall if it was at the end of their release season or a season or two after.

I'm not so patiently waiting for the fairytale to make the sale :graucho:

I don't think there's a set time for exotics. :shrugs: I know every sale season I've participated in or lurked on there were always exotics from several seasons before and nothing recent. They are usually rather hard to find as well and EXTREMELY limited sizing. I've found that it's mainly the boutiques that you can find the exotics at. The lists for boutiques are so elusive that unless you have a really good SA or do some serious hunting there's a slim chance to score one- even more so than department stores. The only one I've ever gotten was my pink python NS and those came out 3 seasons prior. Granted, I am talking about classics that are in exotic skins. (bianca, NS, Simple, Pigalle, etc etc. )

The only timely exotic that I saw go on sale at the end of it's season was the No.299 Bronze/burgundy python and maybe the gold watersnake maggie made the sale? The maggie memory is kind of fuzzy.. that ones a possibility. But, perhaps this was because they are not the classics in an exotic skin. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this too...

Also, I know that bad batch of watersnake dies in RB, Pink, and Jade made the sale, but I don't recall if it was at the end of their release season or a season or two after.

I'm not so patiently waiting for the fairytale to make the sale :graucho:

Thank you so much jamidee!!! So informative. I think it will be almost impossible for me to score a sale from overseas not just for timing, but shipping restrictions too. Ugh!

Some one season, others a couple seasons or more. Boutiques are 40%. NM, Saks, Nordies and Barneys could be more it just depends.

Thank you annie for always educating me! XO!!!

yes. there does not seem to be a set schedule. and then some exotics go to the sample sale.

Wow! Sample sale! Where where where! Wish I could go...

YAY! Finally been able to multi-quote, whew!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.