City/Twiggy-Twiggy/City...Can you help this newbie to Balenciaga?

I went through the same thing when I was figuring out which to buy as my first bag. I went with a city b/c I figured I wanted the "classic" bbag style. I did get a twiggy as my second though and I would say style-wise, I love them equally! Yeah, I'm not help - go with what you think will work for you more functionally. I do think my twiggy lays better when on my arm/strap than the city, if that helps at all.

Just a post thought I thought I'd add Kellybag about the city (especially this season, it seems) - the bags aren't very slouchy at first - but after time they wear in and become much smooshier and slouchy. The twiggy does the same, but for some reason they tend not to look as stiff as the cities do in their brand new state.

Just some food for thought.

I went through the same thing when I was figuring out which to buy as my first bag. I went with a city b/c I figured I wanted the "classic" bbag style. I did get a twiggy as my second though and I would say style-wise, I love them equally! Yeah, I'm not help - go with what you think will work for you more functionally. I do think my twiggy lays better when on my arm/strap than the city, if that helps at all.

Same here! I bought a city first (since that seems to be most everyone's fave), and a twiggy second. I now have 2 cities and 2 twiggies, and I love them all! One of the reasons I was hesitant to buy a twiggy was because most said that the twiggy does not hold as much as a city, and I tend to carry a lot in my bag. But now owning both, I think that the twiggy holds just as much as a city, without looking overstuffed or sausage-like. I think that the twiggy is highly underrated! If I have to choose, I think I like twiggy slightly better. I just love the shape, it's so comfy to carry, and it's less common than the city. You can't go wrong either way - they are my 2 favorite bbag styles. You'll probably end up with both at some point - bbags truly are addictive!

Hi Kellybag! I have 3 Cities and 1 Twiggy and I must say they are all great bags! I can fit as much in my Twiggy as in my City. I do find the Twiggy a bit more awkward to carry on the shoulder in that the handles don't flop down naturally and I never know which way I should put them. However, I love the style (reminds me of the LV Speedy really in terms of form and function). I really like that the Twiggy doesn't have the "ears" on the sides of the zipper and that the inside pocket is bigger. It really does make a difference.

Either bag will make a good first B-bag, though of course the classic choice is usually the City.

If you are a mom and are looking for a go-to bag, I would suggest you look into the Day as well. I have a couple and they are really wonderful! Even lighter than the City or Twiggy and hang perfectly on the shoulder. I love carrying them when I have my kids with me.

LOL!!!! YOu are so busted KB!!!! :P:heart:

You know how I feel- I swear by, and live by my City! It is the perfect grab and go bag, looks fabulous with every outfit, and with kids- it is super functional. To me, it is the perfect all-round everyday bag!

i had a twiggy and quickly sent her back - she looked like a log, and the fact that she was truffle color didnt help that either lol.

however, when i see framke (SP?) with her broken in smooshy twiggy's i think they are so beautiful.

i love my cities, though..love,love,loooove them.

I have a twiggy and a couple cities and I love both styles! I really think you can't go wrong with either :yes:. But if you are going to carry a lot, I think the city might be better because it can hold a bit more, and the twiggy doesn't look as good when it's overstuffed.

Hi Kellybag! My first bbag was a Twiggy. I was drawn to its cute, unusual rounded shape. The twiggy carries heaps but due to its dimensions, doesn't do A4 documents as others have pointed out. After about 2-3months of almost daily wear, the handles have stretched and I am able to wear her on my shoulders (but I am 5"4 and proportionate.) One thing I don't like is carrying her by the shoulder strap as she is now so soft and smooshy that she sags right in the middle. My twiggy has also broken in really nicely and has stretched a little bit naturally which can alter the look of the shape a little.

I have also just purchased a new City and am finding that I can't wear her on my shoulders yet. Have not tried her out otherwise as I am thinking whether to return her. I would say, get one of both at your own pace and figure out which one you prefer after a few months of wear. :smile:

I joined Bbag addicts recently and I got twiggy, love it. :love:I like that it's rounder. When I saw city I was very surprised that it 's smaller than it looks on the pictures. Ah.... get both.:roflmfao:

I'm new to Balenciaga as well and I want to make an informed decision before putting up the big bucks. From what I can see, The City, The Twiggy and The First have a similar look but are different dimensions. It looks like The City is the most popular for day-to-day use. Am I missing something? I have also seen the term "Motorcycle" used to describe these bags. How does that fit in?

It probably doesn't matter whether you get the city or the twiggy because there's a very high chance you will decide you need another bbag very soon after your first purchase... :P

If you really can't decide choose based on the leather.

my first buy was a twiggy and know that it can be fun. but if you are going from hermes to a bbag, i suggest a city. especially with kids, you need the room.

I have a difficult choice and need some help.... I have four bags. One I know already is authentic....but can not decide - should I go with Twiggy or City Bag...I am 5'10" and 128lbs, so rather tall and slender...actually people think I am less than my actual weight...I am bohemian type, who loves Vivienne Westwood, Chloe Paddington and Edith, Diesel, Free People, Miss Sixty. I live in San Francisco and wear layers...I like Twiggy for long and short, but will it fit my scarf and light coat if I will get too hot? I do not carry with me any make up nor agenda...I always have my four fountain pen, Laguiole knife, small pack of business cards, my aviators, lip gloss, men size french wallet and MJ coin pouch and and IPhone...so, not too much to say...what would you recommend?

o, there are the links
1. http://luxury.malleries.com/balencia...366-s-275.html
2. http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3644189
3. http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/doras...s_LMT_City_Bag
4. http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/luxur..._Chevre_Twiggy

Please, advise!!!!!!