Christmas reveal: Neo Monceau!

Hi all. I wanted to report back how my Neo monceau is working out. Thankfully mine is not popping open like @EpiFanatic. I wear it crossbody often. I tried to wear it lower and toward the back so that it bounces off my hip....so far, so good. No popping open. I feel that the magnet is really super strong, like the Dauphine magnet. To close the bag I just tilt the bottom of the bag up a little with my hand and Snap! It’s shut.

So far I’m pleased with the comfort of the strap and the handle. I do like that it’s a different version of the ever popular pochette metis. And the interior is one big compartment versus divided like the metis. And with a front pocket too.

So my only gripe so far is that while my Sarah wallet fits, I do have to kind of wiggle it in. It does fit comfortably once in, since the sides are taurillon and has some give. Although, I noticed you can faintly see the outline of the wallet from the sides of the bag. So I worried that wiggling the wallet in and out every time would damage the glazing on the wallet. I’ve since switched back to my compact wallet, and it makes the bag really roomy. With the Sarah wallet, it probably took up about a third of the interior space. You could still put some things like a mini pochette no problem, but with the compact wallet I have much more room. Right now I have my daughters stuffed animal and her sunglasses in my bag. They wouldn’t have fit with the Sarah wallet in.

oh and also, I feel like this bag is so sturdy and well made. I feel like it’s indestructible. I’m not careful with it at all.

If anyone else has this bag, would you let us know whether it pops open?

Hi all. I wanted to report back how my Neo monceau is working out. Thankfully mine is not popping open like @EpiFanatic. I wear it crossbody often. I tried to wear it lower and toward the back so that it bounces off my hip....so far, so good. No popping open. I feel that the magnet is really super strong, like the Dauphine magnet. To close the bag I just tilt the bottom of the bag up a little with my hand and Snap! It’s shut.

So far I’m pleased with the comfort of the strap and the handle. I do like that it’s a different version of the ever popular pochette metis. And the interior is one big compartment versus divided like the metis. And with a front pocket too.

So my only gripe so far is that while my Sarah wallet fits, I do have to kind of wiggle it in. It does fit comfortably once in, since the sides are taurillon and has some give. Although, I noticed you can faintly see the outline of the wallet from the sides of the bag. So I worried that wiggling the wallet in and out every time would damage the glazing on the wallet. I’ve since switched back to my compact wallet, and it makes the bag really roomy. With the Sarah wallet, it probably took up about a third of the interior space. You could still put some things like a mini pochette no problem, but with the compact wallet I have much more room. Right now I have my daughters stuffed animal and her sunglasses in my bag. They wouldn’t have fit with the Sarah wallet in.

oh and also, I feel like this bag is so sturdy and well made. I feel like it’s indestructible. I’m not careful with it at all.

I am so happy for you. It’s a beautiful and functional bag and it’s awesome that it works for you. Congratulations!!!

Reactions: Annawakes

I have this bag, and I love it!! I’m pretty tall, so I hand or shoulder carry it. I love the strong, magnetic closure. You’re right - it is like the Dauphine in that respect. I don’t find that it just pops open.

Reactions: Annawakes
It’s lightweight, got a comfortable and wide strap and an awesome separate pouch for my phone. Also the magnetic clasp has a lip for security and the top flap doesn’t strain from the weight of the bag because the leather is so stiff. Everything I could ask for. More pics. I know no one asked. :P Including a gratuitous family shot and WIMB.
View attachment 4610365 View attachment 4610367

Welcome to the family.
View attachment 4610366
Looks good on you!
I've been getting 80s vibes from several of their recent launches. And I'm likin it as I've been feeling nostalgic for the past decade or so...(always jammin out to 80s/90s music, rewatching 80s/90s movies, have a sudden newfound taste for vintage, and just browsing through all kinds of archives. I wanna relive the golden days lol.)

Edit--ohh didn't see the post about the return. Really suited your style. Well I'm sure you'll find something better.

Last edited:
Reactions: EpiFanatic

This is good to know! Do you mind sharing some pics?

It’s lightweight, got a comfortable and wide strap and an awesome separate pouch for my phone. Also the magnetic clasp has a lip for security and the top flap doesn’t strain from the weight of the bag because the leather is so stiff. Everything I could ask for. More pics. I know no one asked. :P Including a gratuitous family shot and WIMB.
View attachment 4610365 View attachment 4610367

Welcome to the family.
View attachment 4610366
Lovely Epi Collection!! Congrats on your new beautiful bag, and ironically, the colors of your bag are the same colors of the pretty shopping bag. Love it! :heart::heart:

I love the look of the bag and I am trying to get my first epi bag. I worry about the glazing around the base, is that holding up? Love the epi, but I find that only certain purses will work out for me. This one could be the one!!!

I love the look of the bag and I am trying to get my first epi bag. I worry about the glazing around the base, is that holding up? Love the epi, but I find that only certain purses will work out for me. This one could be the one!!!
Hi, I actually don't have this bag anymore. I sold it to fund my first Hermes. It was a great bag though. I don't remember the glazing around the base being too much of an issue. These were my memories and impressions of it, after using it a while:

1. It is definitely a sturdy and well-made bag. I didn't baby it at all because it's epi and it performed well in many weather conditions.
2. The magnetic closure is very strong. After a while I got a teeny bit annoyed at the loud *snap!* it made every time I closed the bag. This is the same *snap!* as with the Dauphines. If you ever wanted to close the bag in a quiet situation, it's not possible.
3. The closure is better than the Dauphine though, because it has that little metal ring you can pull, to open it.
4. I also got a teeny bit tired of the color blocking. The red sides, the blue strap. That said, if you want a generally classic looking bag with some fun details, this is it.
5. The top handle is awesome, love how it is curved and so easy to grab. The wide strap is awesome too, very comfortable, and adjustable too.
6. I worried a bit that the flap would develop creases in the back where the epi leather bends every time I opened the bag. I never really opened it fully all the way (i.e. bend it straight up). It still looked good when I sold it, but I also didn't have it for very long.

It really is a gorgeous bag. If you are into structured crossbodies, this is a great choice. It looked great and was not seen everywhere. Let us know if you decide to get it!

PS I have a twist mm on my wish list for next year. Have you thought about the twist mm? It is of course very pricey, but it's epi, and a classic. And there is no glazing around the base to worry about. I also like the twist lock - very quiet haha. Those strong, loud magnets are not for me, I've found. I've had neo monceau and Dauphine, and they kind of drove me crazy after a while.