Christian Louboutin to Recreate Cinderella Glass Slipper

It's pretty. But, not my style. I can definitely see Mariah Carey wanting a pair :smile:

I'm a little surprised only 20 are being made. I think a lot of women would have loved to have this shoe, especially as a wedding shoe and probably would have paid the very high price for it.

I think I was expecting 'more' somehow? I figured the Cinderella, ultimate princess slipper would go beyond some of his other designs, and I'm not sure this one does. Although I am very relieved, as it means I won't be scrambling to find a pair and spending an insane amount! whew.

Also-- I know Cinderella loved all the little animals-- but when I think Cinderella, I don't think 'butterfly'. If there was a butterfly, it was just an extra in the story, right? Some sort of ornate magic wand would make more sense to me.

Last edited:
I think I was expecting 'more' somehow? I figured the Cinderella, ultimate princess slipper would go beyond some of his other designs, and I'm not sure this one does. Although I am very relieved, as it means I won't be scrambling to find a pair and spending an insane amount! whew.

Also-- I know Cinderella loved all the little animals-- but when I think Cinderella, I don't think 'butterfly'. If there was a butterfly, it was just an extra in the story, right? Some sort of ornate magic wand would make more sense to me.

Agree, or even a pumpkin would make more sense :P

Reposting what I wrote on Facebook:

"Hmmm, the sketch looked better IMO. It reminds me of the custom Tsar shoes from Burlesque... I would've thought it would be more ... glass?"

scaled.php

I think I was expecting 'more' somehow? I figured the Cinderella, ultimate princess slipper would go beyond some of his other designs, and I'm not sure this one does. Although I am very relieved, as it means I won't be scrambling to find a pair and spending an insane amount! whew..

LamborghiniGirl, You took the words right out of my mouth. I think that's why I'm not a fan, was definitley expecting more from this shoe. It is, afterall the fairytale for shoe lovers!

I think it's gorgeous! But I had low expectations to start with. I thought it would be a cheap-looking clear/plastic shoe. So I'm glad that it isn't and I'm glad that he went with strass, because his strass shoes definitely remind me of Cinderella shoes. I love the lace too! I think see-through lace looks so beautiful and delicate on the foot. The butterflies are a nice touch too!