Christian Louboutin Conscience Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysweetums

louisvuittonroad
O.G.
Nov 27, 2009
i know alot of girls here will probably hate me for posting this but i read this today and i literally started crying....theres a video on the website but trust me DONT watch that video....i was just curious how other gals here felt about this... (sorry to bring up some a depressing topic but why not address it rather than claim ignorance)

Joaquin Phoenix Reveals Cold-Blooded Horrors

Millions of reptiles are slaughtered each year and turned into shoes, handbags, belts, and other accessories. These helpless animals are viewed as a commodity by those who poach and hunt them, and these creatures suffer as their skin is pulled off their bodies while they are still alive. Oscar-nominated and Golden Globe- and Grammy-winning actor Joaquin Phoenix refuses to support an industry based on such cruelty and takes a behind-the-scenes look at the exotic-skins trade in his exclusive video for PETA.

Joaquin is calling for major fashion houses, such as Christian Louboutin and Jimmy Choo, to choose compassion over cruelty by eliminating exotic-skins from their collections. Please join Joaquin and send Christian Louboutin and Jimmy Choo a polite message asking them to stop selling exotic-skins.
Compassionate companies, such as Nike, H&M, and Overstock.com, have agreed not to sell exotic-skins. With tons of fashionable and cruelty-free alternatives there is no reason for animals to suffer for a wardrobe.

site for the video and other related links: https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3003

Last edited:
im sorry blonde i have a feeling this thread is a disaster waiting to happen....i dont want anyone to feel bad if it just depresses everyone ill ask a mod to delete it....

i dun like when i see ppl wearing animal stuff, especially fur, everytime i see someone wearing real fur, i feel like going up to them, smack them and pour red paint over them!

I don't think this is the place to post this thread, especially since almost every style of CL shoes comes from some sort of animal or reptile. And yes, nappa leather, suede, patent leather, etc. do come from animals.

Last edited:
i dun like when i see ppl wearing animal stuff, especially fur, everytime i see someone wearing real fur, i feel like going up to them, smack them and pour red paint over them!

Just a thought...if you do end up finding your red Chanel jumbo, you should know its from an animal as well...just like those people wearing real fur...

I don't think this is the place to post this thread, especially since almost every style of CL shoes comes from some sort of animal or reptile. And yes, nappa leather, suede, patent leather, etc. do come from animals.

Totally agree! :yes: & a great point :tup:

Just a thought...if you do end up finding your red Chanel jumbo, you should know its from an animal as well...just like those people wearing real fur...

LMAO abt the fur comment...esp if you have a LEATHER Chanel bag on your siggy... :roflmfao::lolots::roflmfao:

:lol:

baby - i don't mean this in a snarky, offensive, or mean way at all but don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to put that in your siggy if you wear any type of shoe, clothing, bag etc from an animal? it doesn't matter if it's exotic or not, kwim?

I dont think that people should get offended by this thread and i (personally) don't see why it would be deleted. This is reality people, wether you like it or not. Baby, you are absolutely in NO WAY attacking anyone here. I should hope that everyone here is mature enough to have a civilized discussion about this...no?

I have purses and shoe's made from snakeskin but i never really gave it much thought...It is sad if it is being done in an inhumane way...But, I think that people are much more judgmental when they see someone wearing real fur than snakeskin IMO...

Last edited:
moshi like i said, im not attacking anyone i have 2 exotics myself i was just wondering how other people felt about it because i know it makes me really sad but at the same time i cant imagine living the rest of my life in canvas shoes....

Status
Not open for further replies.