Christian Louboutin Conscience Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
baby - i don't mean this in a snarky, offensive, or mean way at all but don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to put that in your siggy if you wear any type of shoe, clothing, bag etc from an animal? it doesn't matter if it's exotic or not, kwim?

it would only be hypocritical if i was taking a side...which im not

Baby, I don't think it should be take it in the wrong way this thread like Iloveredsoles says is a discussion.
I just don't think about it, so I don't feel bad. Too many things in the world that somedays I put a bandaid on it. If I ever watch a video of the skin coming out of an animal alive, I guess the stupid bandaid trick won't work anymore, because is just so unnatural. Eyes that don't see heart that doesn't feel. (Is a spanish phrase, not sure if translates in English the same way)
But, again I own leather goods bags, clothing, shoes and I eat meat, mainly fish and I have thought about changing of course but I don't think, I will change that for now anyway.

BTW Good thread!!! u got me thinking there

thanks sobe and red soles :hugs::hugs: glad to know im not the only one, i hope everyone else can be as grown up about this too!

So, in other words, if we disagree with you, then we are the ones not being the "grown up"? Interesting. I though you wanted to have civil discussion about this topic.

Last edited:
So, in other words, if we disagree with you, then we are the ones not being the "grown up"? Interesting. I though you wanted to have civil discussion about this topic.

there is nothing to agree or disagree with karwood, we all have and love louboutins and i dont think any of us want to see animals be hurt right? theres nothing to disagree about, i wanted to hear some other people thoughts on the issue

I saw part of this today and almost threw up when they showed a snake getting cut into pieces while it was still alive.

I don't own any exotics or have negative feelings about people who do. The only thing I feel is genuine sadness for the reptiles and living things that suffer and are mutilated.
It's different when you hear about animal cruelty and then see a video about it. This particular clip made my skin crawl.

Not to play devil's advocate, but aren't all CLs some form of leather or suede, all coming from animals?? Why bother buying them at all? Why be on the forum?

there is nothing to agree or disagree with karwood, we all have and love louboutins and i dont think any of us want to see animals be hurt right? theres nothing to disagree about, i wanted to hear some other people thoughts on the issue

I thought your comment about us not being grown ups was a bit divisive, however I do agree with you that all us are here because we love Christian Louboutin shoes.:smile:

Less people that buy the exotics means MORE FOR ME! :greengrin:

More for us! :graucho:

Not to play devil's advocate, but aren't all CLs some form of leather or suede, all coming from animals?? Why bother buying them at all? Why be on the forum?

I agree. With that being said, there really is no way of having a civil, "grown up" conversation about this.

So all CL's have animals but are all animals skinned alive?

I guess in my warped mind, I've justified leather as being more humane (it probably isn't), however I can't support exotic breeding and usage.

I own leather CLs but it is the only leather I own (no handbag, etc..), since I eat some meat I'm fully aware I'm being hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.