Chloe Paddington a classic or a Trend?

I just brough my new Paddington bag home (in Metallic) and I can say that this is a bag I will be using for years. It is stunning and I have already received compliments. I was concerned about the weight of the bag at first, but I couldn't resist the temptation!!;)

I do love my bags, but I have been trying to keep a watchful eye on the type of bags I buy. It is so easy to fall in love with trends, but I want to invest in my classics not just trends. What do you think? Is the paddington an investment bag, or a trend? :thinking:

the paddington is IMO the classic chloe bag and also a key it bag for the past few years! i think they will always be a special bag!
i have 3now and i will never sell them....
maybe even one day passing them onto my children...
i think that they were a key fashion piece and still are. i think that they will hold their value for sometime!

I think the paddington has been popular for long enough to show its gone past a trend. I think its the ultimate casual bag. I love mine and have just got a mini as well.

An investment bag is a bag YOU love and will want to wear for a very long time. Paddies may fall out of fashion (I can't imagine?) but that will ultimately not be an issue for you if you love this style. Perhaps it will become your iconic signature?

I guess that all depends on what the OP means by Investment Bag??

To me investment bag means a bag that will appreciate in value over the years if maintained in mint condition.

And by that definition I would have to say no :sad: The Paddy seems to have lost retail value over the last year, even the coveted 05s :shrugs:

BTW, this question has been on the minds of Paddy fans for the last two+ years, so that must say something good :yes: (merged with those threads)

If you go through the more recent posts of "Celebrities and their Chloes" thread, you will note that no celebrity has been carrying out their Paddy lately... which gives you a hint that the trend for Paddys is over. That said, the Paddy is an ICON bag for Chloe, but not a classic bag IMO like an Hermes Birkin or Kelly.

I go through a love-hate cycle for my tan 05 paddy - I love how she looks, then hate carrying her, then remember how much I paid for her, then try to love her again to justify my expenditure....... and this goes on and on.....

The peak of the Paddy hype is definitely long behind us.

Having said that,I fell in love with this bag the first time I saw a picture,before it came out. I had never bought a designer bag before,but I knew that I had to have this one.

I missed out on the first batch at net-a-porter in Feb 05 because the site went crazy,but I snagged mine out of the the second bunch in April.:devil: . This bunch also sold out in 4 hours.It was love at first sight when Paddy arrived home!!

Where I live,I have never seen anyone carry a Paddington,though one store in NL finally started carrying them this year.

I love this bag for what it is,and not because it had the "It" factor...so as others have mentioned above I shall continue to wear it with pride and joy!!!

Shoebaloo in Amsterdam has sold loads of paddys, right from the start (they even had the 05 tan one, which of course sold as soon as it hit the shelf). I think they stopped selling the regular one about a year ago, but they do have other versions (i.e. totes et all with the characteristic lock). There is also Azzurro Due, which has sold a lot of paddys too in the past 3 years. So, I'd say lots of them in the Netherlands! (though most retailers stopped selling them because they're overhyped)

I have a 05 choc paddy (bought in paris) that I'll probably sell soon. It's actually my mothers bag now, but she replaced it with MJ. I love it, but it is too heavy for me and I haven't used it in a long time - I prefer my more classic/less overhyped bags. As I'm currently rethinking my collection I've sort of decided to stick with the classics and the ones I truely love and sell my paddy (and a much hated miu miu as well). But if that 05 tan paddy would come along I'd probably buy it...

Last edited:
If you go through the more recent posts of "Celebrities and their Chloes" thread, you will note that no celebrity has been carrying out their Paddy lately... which gives you a hint that the trend for Paddys is over. That said, the Paddy is an ICON bag for Chloe, but not a classic bag IMO like an Hermes Birkin or Kelly.

I go through a love-hate cycle for my tan 05 paddy - I love how she looks, then hate carrying her, then remember how much I paid for her, then try to love her again to justify my expenditure....... and this goes on and on.....

I watch keeping up with the Kardashians.....Kim and her sisters have been carrying the paddy around LA lately. You'll still see some carrying them....I read all the rags! I've seen Lindsay Lohan with one in recent pics and Nicolette Sheridan. Of course, celebs move on from bags everyday.......it's all what you love!

I've also noticed paddys are still being sold, so I would say it is definitely in Chloe's classic lineup. Just saw one on Nordstrom web site.

Even the Birkin was an 'it' bag that stuck around. Appears the paddy is hanging in there.