Chloe Ellen

DrDior

Yes? May I help you?
O.G.
Jan 13, 2012
I have a confession to make: I've been pretty down on Chloe lately. Went to Harvey Nichols and was pretty blah over the ethels, marcies and paratys on stock. After picking up a LV tote, the ethels were simply too heavy by comparison and the others have run their course with me. Even the SA at Harvey Nichols wasn't too enthusiastic either when I was blahing over her merchandise.

Then I saw the recently released Ellen at the harrods duty free at LHR terminal 5 this morning. The SA said they just got it. It's fabulosity.

I'm on my iPad and I haven't learned cut and paste yet (sad, huh?), but check it out on Nordstroms and other sites. The neutrals are okay, but the orange is amazing.

And, at 623GBP at duty free, it's a steal. Unfortunately, my husband did not agree and I will only be coming home with the LV (on this trip anyway. HAH!!)

Thanks for the info, DrDior! I have seen these bags pop up on various websites and have promised myself not to order any bag sight-unseen again :graucho: Which size were you most interested in? I'm thinking the medium would be a great all around tote.

Congrats on the new LV! No trip is complete without a new bag :P

DrDior, that is a hot tote - I love the top-stitched sides. Which color will you be sneaking into the house next trip?!
and as for hubby not agreeing to the price, we all know that men are totally defective in assessing handbag bargains (should be banned) and just quietly, I think you need to flash that broken shelby handle at him with slightly narrowed 'I know it was you!' eyes, and then tell him that he knows you deserve this as a replacement :biggrin:

BagsRmyweakness: I hatched a plot to grab the bag on my way back through Heathrow, but my husband foiled it by reminding me that we're coming home through terminal 3 (there was also a gorgeous Pucci bag that I might've drooled on a bit).

Tomorrow I'm in London for 2 days, so I might see if i can find the Chloe store. First, though, I have a date at the LV Sloane store to get my luggage tag (I told my husband I needed it, so that if I got robbed the monogramed tag would make it easier to spot my bag! I don't think he's convinced by this logic).

Juliela, thanks! The medium is PERFECT. If it came in a lovely purple, I would have to be dragged away from Ellen, kicking and screaming. As it was, it was hard enough to resist her.

PS. I dare not mention the Shelby handle. Whenever the subject of handbags comes up, he growls about "money wasted", "broken handles", "barely used" and "you'd better get that damned thing fixed before you buy another one."

I think I will need to wait him out a bit. He'll eventually forget, right? Lol.

PS. I dare not mention the Shelby handle. Whenever the subject of handbags comes up, he growls about "money wasted", "broken handles", "barely used" and "you'd better get that damned thing fixed before you buy another one."

I think I will need to wait him out a bit. He'll eventually forget, right? Lol.

HE IS SO GUILTY!!!!!!!!!! I think you need to say the monotone 'yes dear' with the appropriately timed nod, and bring future bags in under the radar, and then use his 'barely used' line against him when using one of the new ones...'this isn't new, I just took your advice and am using ones I haven't before'...its not an outright lie - you are using ones you haven't before, in a long time - whatever :biggrin: and remember he gave you permission anyway to get the shelby fixed, and then buy another one!

How did you go in London? any goodies to reveal?!

OMG, the Ellen tote is one of our secret treasures... So many fabulous colors!! PM me for sale info...

=),
Shari

Attachments

• MED ELLEN TOTE CORAIL 2.jpg
    MED ELLEN TOTE CORAIL 2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 699
  • MED ELLEN TOTE DOVE 2.jpg
    MED ELLEN TOTE DOVE 2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 832
  • MED ELLEN TOTE FETISH RED 3.jpg
    MED ELLEN TOTE FETISH RED 3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 690