Chevre Chamkila

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. does anyone happen to know what leather this is? Chere Chamkila i did a google search but nothing, it looks like sombrero

2. Here it is the beauty being displayed as reserved in hermes FSH

Attached Files:

Mali_ likes this.
  3. Probably another new leather. And maybe a typo and they actually mean Chèvre.

Meta likes this.
  4. It's Chevre Chamkila and will be used in quite a few smaller bags or small leather goods.

bagidiotic and periogirl28 like this.
  5. Just to let you know I've changed the title of this thread to Chevre Chamkila

BBC, fabuleux and bagidiotic like this.
  6. “Chère” also means expensive in French. Very fitting considering the price tag (although since “leather” and “bag” are both masculine, it should read “cher”)

bagidiotic likes this.
  7. I could rename it Cher, Chèvre Chamkila but since it's the H forum I think it's a given.

I like the name Chamkila (you may have to say it out loud). As in "The price at H is often a Chamkila".

8. I’m really wondering what “Chamkila” is meant to signify - Coromandel and Mysore are both regions in India, so perhaps there’s an Indian significance? Funnily enough, “Chamkila” in Hindi translates to “shiny” or “sparkly” - it would be funny if this variant of chèvre has a particularly noticeable sheen!

9. There is a famous Punjabi singer called Amar Singh Chamkila so you could well be correct

Sammy Royal and ladyfarquaad like this.
  10. I was just about to say that! It's also means shiny in punjabi..:heart:

11. I was told this weekend by a leather manager at a flagship that Mysore was going to be phased out. I dismissed it at the time as the typical "Black and Gold will be rested" rumor, but maybe it is true.

Sammy Royal likes this.
  12. #13 Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    I’m Gujarati and it also means “shiny” in that language too!

I also hear folks say “Chamkili” which means “bright.” So both words are pretty close in meaning.

I wonder why all the Chèvre leather have Indian names? It’s super interesting.

Mysore- City in India
    Coromandel- coastal area of southern India
    Chandra- means “moon” in Hindi And is the name of the Moon deity in the Hindu religion.
    Chamkila- means “shiny” in several native Indian languages.

13. Thanks for the info. I agree it's hard to know what to believe but mostly I think most SAs give accurate info at the time given but then H change their minds and make their staff look ill-informed. Of course some staff make it up as they go along.

Anyone actually see or touched this leather in person yet?

Sammy Royal likes this.
  14. Shiny or sparkly was my first thought too