Check your mail! Louis Vuitton Class Action Settlement?!

Call me clueless, but why is there a lawsuit anyway? Yes I know that LV has my phone # and address, but why is that a problem? Were they selling the info to another party?

I actually find it convenient that I can call my SA & ask for something, and she can ring it up & send it to me. No hassle.

I think that the problem lies with the consent. They put you into their systems without you knowing. When they give you that form to fill out with your personal information, there is no where that discusses the uses of it nor is there a place for you to give your consent in keeping the records.

I think that the problem lies with the consent. They put you into their systems without you knowing. When they give you that form to fill out with your personal information, there is no where that discusses the uses of it nor is there a place for you to give your consent in keeping the records.

OK! Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully this is legit. As they say, fifty bucks is fifty bucks!

There should be some info on this in the business media. I will have to do some searching around.

I also question the possibility whether this settlement letter is legitimate or not. I just called 877-530-6632 (KissSettlement.com) and spoke to a live agent regarding the letter. I told her that I received 2 letters and asked her if I should fill out both of them. She said they will only approve one application per name. However, she stated that I should go ahead and fill out both and see what happens. In any event, they will probably discard the other application and realize that my name was duplicated.

On a different note, I called 866-VUITTON and spoke to an agent there. He said that he has not heard anything regarding this settlement letter. He asked me to either fax it over to him or scan and email it to him. I didn't do that as I don't have a fax machine nor a scanner.

There will be a Final Fairness Hearing on 10/22/09 at 8:30am in the LA Superior Court located at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse: 111 North Hill Street, LA, CA 90012. I am going to call and inquire about this hearing and see if in fact the hearing will be scheduled on this date.

If anyone has any other info about this, please post it. Thanks.
I feel kind of weird disclosing my info on a form that is asking for the last 4 digit of my credit card. Am I being too paranoid?

I feel kind of weird disclosing my info on a form that is asking for the last 4 digit of my credit card. Am I being too paranoid?

With the current CA economy, definately not too paranoid. Who knows maybe some hacker got into the LV system & is using this as a way to get personal information from people who purchase luxury goods.

BTW every settlement claim I have ever gotten has provided individuals with checks & not gift cards. And I have never been asked for CC info before. Why would they need that if the lawsuit is over keeping a record of my name & phone #. If I am in their system, then it was done. Plus LV has a record of all of my purchases.

I dug up all my receipts for my last few purchases from Louis Vuitton and I noticed that the recent receipts (for purchases made in April, June, and July) doesn't show my address under my name anymore - It used to show my name then my address below it.
Do you guys think this has something to do with it because they got sued so they stop showing customer's information on the receipt?... I don't know, just a thought.

I dug up all my receipts for my last few purchases from Louis Vuitton and I noticed that the recent receipts (for purchases made in April, June, and July) doesn't show my address under my name anymore - It used to show my name then my address below it.
Do you guys think this has something to do with it because they got sued so they stop showing customer's information on the receipt?... I don't know, just a thought.

I don't think so b/c when I purchased from Saks or NM I don't think that my personal info ever showed up on the receipt. And these stores are on the list.

Got mine! The $25 gift card will just cover the CA sales tax on a $250 purchase! I can get that by ordering out of state. Wonder if the gift card can be used at stores other than the ones listed.

I hope no one got our info! Scary to even think that. I wonder if someone could call the court house there to check maybe it is public record? I wish the gift card would make a dent in my next purchase (Mahina XL):cloud9: LOL!

I just contacted an SA that I deal with regularly, & she works at one of the locations listed. She said that she knows nothing about this and that she would look into it & call me back. She was very polite, didn't hang up, etc. She seemed very concerned that the form is asking for CC info.

I explained to her that I wanted to know if it was legit. Plus if it isn't legit, then I want to know how whoever sent it got my info in the first place.

Hopefully she will follow through & call me back. I will let everyone know if/when she does.