Check out this Chick selling an MJ Karolina bag on Ebay w/ the TJ MAXX tags still on

Wow... that is tacky but I imagine it is because she wants to return it if it doesn't sell? She should have done a better job at concealing the tag though!

I WISH my TJ Maxx got such finds!

OMG I love that bag and dont think i could bid on it knowing how cheap she got it... It killed me to know I got my Denim MP for $150 more than the seller got it at NR for...

I checked mine as well, I thought since it was in LA there would definitely be some MJs, but nope, there was none.

I can't believe she has the tag showing!! DUH!

why is it such a faux pas? she is allowed to sell anything at any price on ebay... someone else who loves that bag may have the chance to buy it now, even if that means she makes a profit and others think its "tacky". there are tons of people who mark up items on ebay- look at all the mj compact/ pen sets selling for $15... who's to say? i don't see anything anything wrong with it.

and what is the difference between buying a bag on the cheap at tj maxx or on sale at saks?everyone loves a sale, i wouldnt pass on a great bag at a great price because it wasn't bought at full price from the boutique.

jmtc.

^^^I dont think it's the place where she bought it that matters, it's the fact that the pic of the price tag is right there, which completely turns buyers away from your listing on ebay, when they know how much of a mark up is on an item.

I can't get over the fact that the bag got marked so far down. It looks like it's still in great condition. My TJ Maxx's don't even get many MJ bags much less have them get eventually marked down so low!

^^^I dont think it's the place where she bought it that matters, it's the fact that the pic of the price tag is right there, which completely turns buyers away from your listing on ebay, when they know how much of a mark up is on an item.

errr...this is hardly the case when it comes to bag collectors. we all have grail bags that we dream of, yearn for, etc. so who's to say this bag isn't that for someone?

the bag was probaly marked so low because it was at a tj maxx location that normally doesn't stock merch at such a price point. there are many outlets of these sorts where the best spots to shop designer ARE the clearance racks for the fact that no one has heard or/cares about marc jacobs.

I'm going to ask her. I'll post any response I get. Hee hee!

Aw, she seems sweet:
thanks for the advise. i had mixed feelings about showing the price tag but i wanted people to know that this is brand new and never used, also that i didn't buy at marc jacobs even though it really is in mint condition considering not all tjmaxx items are.

Our stupid TJMaxx's NEVER get anything even remotely as good as Marc Jacobs.

All we get is loads of hideous Kathy Von Zeeland, Baby Phat and Nine West bags.

:sad:

Ugh, this is the absolute worst!! KVZ bags are so tacky IMO. Too bad my mother in law is pretty much obsessed with them!!

:back2topic:

That's a pretty silly thing to do on ebay, but it is a good deal for someone who doesn't mind that it's from TJ Maxx.

Aw, she seems sweet:
thanks for the advise. i had mixed feelings about showing the price tag but i wanted people to know that this is brand new and never used, also that i didn't buy at marc jacobs even though it really is in mint condition considering not all tjmaxx items are.

aw! well at least she is honest!

^^I swear when I first looked at the listing, I could see the TJ Maxx tag clearly and it said $190. I'm thinking she changed the pictures because now I can't see the price. bag-addict - do you think she changed the listing based on your suggestion?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I really don't have a problem with this girl selling a new, but very reduced, bag for more than she paid for it. That's what eBay is all about, no?

I might have more of an issue if she were selling it for more than it's original retail price.