Changing Ebay ID

joyeaux

O.G.
Jul 1, 2006
I've been thinking about it and I really don't like my ebay ID... I made it over 4 years ago, and it's really close to my name. I want to change it to something a little more anonymous (my stepmom figured out my ID just by searching and now knows all my latest purchases :Push: ) but I don't want to look shady. I buy and sell a lot of my own stuff so I'm wondering if I should just take the plunge and then *wait* to sell until after that "new name" icon goes away (30 days)? Or should I just keep it and deal with it? I'd love any advice! :yes:

I'd keep it only because you may have followers who watch your auctions under that name--although I think if they search under the old name, your new one will come up? I'm not sure about that--maybe someone else knows. If that's the case, then I wouldn't see any downside to changing it. Plus, I think there's a way to merge IDs, although I'm not sure what the process is.

Change it if you want.
Unless you're a huge Seller, it probably won't impact you.
But I think people can still find you through your old ID, at least for a while{?}

If you're not a huge seller, then just change it and go along with it. I wish I could change mine, but since I am an established seller I cannot. I got married, so I'm no longer xxx LOL

no posting eBay IDs

When I changed my ebay ID, I can input my old ID in the buyer/seller search and it will show my new ID. This lasted for a while, maybe 1-2 months before it stopped showing.