Changing Ebay ID

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been thinking about it and I really don't like my ebay ID... I made it over 4 years ago, and it's really close to my name. I want to change it to something a little more anonymous (my stepmom figured out my ID just by searching and now knows all my latest purchases :Push: ) but I don't want to look shady. I buy and sell a lot of my own stuff so I'm wondering if I should just take the plunge and then *wait* to sell until after that "new name" icon goes away (30 days)? Or should I just keep it and deal with it? I'd love any advice! :yes:

2. I'd keep it only because you may have followers who watch your auctions under that name--although I think if they search under the old name, your new one will come up? I'm not sure about that--maybe someone else knows. If that's the case, then I wouldn't see any downside to changing it. Plus, I think there's a way to merge IDs, although I'm not sure what the process is.

3. Change it if you want.
    Unless you're a huge Seller, it probably won't impact you.
    But I think people can still find you through your old ID, at least for a while{?}

4. If you're not a huge seller, then just change it and go along with it. I wish I could change mine, but since I am an established seller I cannot. I got married, so I'm no longer xxx LOL

no posting eBay IDs

5. When I changed my ebay ID, I can input my old ID in the buyer/seller search and it will show my new ID. This lasted for a while, maybe 1-2 months before it stopped showing.