Chanel would NOT fix my bag unless i have the original receipt!!!!! HELP!!

I've only had to have a receipt if I wanted it fixed free of charge, since you only have a year warrenty. Maybe they thought you didn't want to pay for the repair (since your blue bag was under warrenty)? I've sent other bags to be repaired that were over a year and as long as I pai no receipt was needed.

Maybe it was that particular SA being difficult. Is there anyone else you can talk to at your nearest Chanel boutique? I find talking to the manager sometimes leads to the best results. (like w/ an problem I had w/ an MJ wallet)

I have taken 4 Chanel bags into the Chanel boutique Beverly Hills, all I purchased on ebay. The first two was before the new boutique opened and the SA just took my bags. One of them was the 2005 grey reissue and she said Chanel would repair if free of charge -- the other one is over 20 yr old and she said I'd be charged for repair.

I took the other two in last week and now Chanel BH has a repair guy. He didn't ask for receipt either; just took them and gave me estimates of the cost to refurbish.

I'd speak with a manager and find out why this store's policy is so odd..and honestly doesn't seem in line with Chanel customer service.

i'm so sorry to hear that.

i have to say i am not impress with chanel aftercare service.

i just experienced that and that really put me off buying anymore chanels.

i got the feeling that they only care if you are buying something. anything outside this bracket they simply do not want to care.

i hope you get it repaired for free.

this is the first time I heard about Chanel requiring a receipt to fix stuff. I mean, why would the bags be so expensive and why would they come with authenticity numbers if the service is like a department store?

seriously..

That sucks if the SA said that to you! Heck I even returned a Chanel bag without the receipt after FOUR months and there wasn't even anything wrong with it! Do check with the store manager I'm sure she/he will be more helpful than some snotty SA. I just sent a Bottega to be fixed and all the SA needed to look at was the serial number inside the bag. Top end boutiques should recognise their own merchandise and provide after sales service. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

That sucks if the SA said that to you! Heck I even returned a Chanel bag without the receipt after FOUR months and there wasn't even anything wrong with it! Do check with the store manager I'm sure she/he will be more helpful than some snotty SA. I just sent a Bottega to be fixed and all the SA needed to look at was the serial number inside the bag. Top end boutiques should recognise their own merchandise and provide after sales service. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

did you return your bag simply because you do not want it?

i tried to change my jumbo on friday (bought it on monday) because i notice the underside of the flap the leather was a little bit uneven on one side. it looked like there were some air or the glue did not stick the leather togther enough. I try to tell myself i'm being paranoid.

the SA said no more flaps in gold chain (i get the feeling she doesnt want to change it for me as simply as that).

i'm so annoyed with them at the moment especially i had to go back just to get the stupid security tag off after they forgot to get that off.

goodness, not without a reciept? get a second opinion. maybe talk to another SA.

I remeber when my bracelet was broken, I took it back to Tiffany's and they repaired it with no reciept required.

Chanel Boutiques will only repair at no charge for the first year, after that they will repair your(even if you purchased them somewhere else) bag but you will have to pay, as Regina07 noted in her prev. post, This is here in the U.S., I dont know worldwide.

UGh, Darn French! (ok, ok, sorry no offense) but that is just so OFF THE WALL. I never heard of such a thing. I have taken things to boutiques dozens of times and they never even asked for a receipt! SNOTTY SA is definitely the case. I'd speak to the manager.

Like everyone else has said, you must have gotten a really really bad SA! Pffft.

And Im pretty sure all Chanels have a worldwide policy, because we have the same in Australia. I bought a bracelet in Dubai and it broke, and EVENTUALLY after almost a year, they fixed the damn thing. :tdown: (And I had the receipt)

Chanels aftercare service, is, dare I say - HORRIBLE. :mad:

goodluck with it.

I would think that they would repair any authentic merchandise. I mean, people have been buying the bags for years and you couldn't really expect someone who bought the bag in the early 90s to have the reciept 15+ years later. Most people just don't do that...

With that said, I am really a freak about keeping reciepts now and I actually keep them in the box that the bag came in. I have all the cards, tags, etc... in the zip pocket of my flap for that bag. I don't know. It may not be the best thing but at least I know where thye are.

Chanel Boutiques will only repair at no charge for the first year, after that they will repair your(even if you purchased them somewhere else) bag but you will have to pay, as Regina07 noted in her prev. post, This is here in the U.S., I dont know worldwide.

It's the same here in the UK too.

I bought a classic flap less than a month ago and after carrying it twice, the stitching came undone in exactly the same place on the leather through the chain strap. It came back repaired in 2 days but then I noticed a scrape on the turn-lock that it did not go in with so now it has to go back to have that repaired... I must admit it's my first chanel and i'm a little dissapointed that for the money it's not perfect.

What's this trash about having to have a receipt to get it fixed? It's so not correct. Case in point the heart chain bag I bought off ebay, no receipt, no authenticity card -- yes, the hologram sticker is still in tact but even that doesn't matter. Chanel KNOWS their merchandise and will repair it no questions asked. Years ago I took a Chanel bucket bag to be refurbished and again, no receipt was demanded. Someone is giving you the proverbial run around!!