Chanel Wallet vs LV wallet - advice needed

I've used my LV Epi French purse for 2+ years now and it still looks like new. I spilled lots of juice on it accidentally once, and it just wiped clean easily.

I have a Chanel metallic Bronze french purse, but I'm too scared to use it. I know lambskin wallets are fragile, but what about metallic ones? Do they show signs of wear and tear easily? If so, I think I should probably return mine.

glad to see so many responses...
i myself is having this huge dilemma, i am tossing up between a LV and Chanel purse... Chanel purses just looks so damn gorgeous and elegant. I baby a lot of things but my wallets are just chucked into my bag, but separate from keys and coins. hmm... Chanel or LV?
I am probably going to for cavier or the new patent? ones, it looks glossy, can't remember... would those be ok?

I'm so glad I read this post! I just bought a Chanel lambskin wallet today but I can't bring myself to take it out the box. It's just too beautiful and delicate to use. I'm gonna return it and get a LV Epi Zippy. Thanks for all the advice!

OP, I totally agree with the major opinions here. For everyday use wallet, I highly recommend a LV. My previous wallet is Marco Wallet (in Epi Leather) and it lasts for almost a decade (currently, I use the Sarah Wallet Monogram Etoile).

However, if you really want a Chanel wallet, you could get a Chanel wallet as your alternative wallet (so you could use it for special occasions)

I have had 2 LV wallets as well as business card holder.
Also, i bought 3 Chanel wallets lol...dunno why i bought that many wallets...

Being practical: I love to use LV more, coz of its durability and usage as well as maintain the look. While, Chanel ... hmmm kinda feel good to use (but not on my regular basis though)...

I still got 2 CC wallets that'r still in the box...

I suggest using or buying LV wallets over the CC... My oldest one is over 5 years , yet looking new and holding up very well.. in some occasions I do use business card holder as small tiny wallet too (if i use small bag, space is the issue!!).

I will definitely go for the LV wallet! It will hold up much better than the Chanel one.

And it will last longer I think.

IMHO, I also think it looks weird if I use a Chanel wallet with a Chanel bag. Abit of overkill.

I have a LV wallet and I love it! It withstands a lot of abuse and still looks brand new. I had a Chanel wallet which was caviar on the outside and lambskin on the inside. While I wasn't too worried about wear-and-tear on the outside, I was worried I would scratch up the inside from moving the coins/bills/CCs in and out of the wallet, so I ended up returning it.

I do, however, carry a lambskin card holder in my purse on a daily basis. It has a few little scratches here and there, but I don't worry about them too much.

i have the white caviar classic long wallet.... the $795 one...
honestly... LV wallet last much long....

i only used this one for a few months... and its too delicate... ><

and LV wallet i used to have is the White Epi leather... Eugenie one... even it white too... but it doesnt get dirty and scratches....

if you are getting a wallet in caviar, i'd def go with chanel.....i really regret not getting the black caviar wallet when i got my LV multicolore pochette wallet.....i think im going to get the chanel wallet with my xmas money :biggrin: