Chanel tpf......... Bad Influence or Good?

You are all ENABLERS! j/k lol... I am soooo grateful to everyone on the "autheticate this" thread! They have saved me many times from getting taken. I can't thank them enough! The forum does test my self control tho- when a pf'er posts the next gorgeous bag of the season-I've learned to wipe up the drool and just admire.

both! I felt caught up my first 6 months here, reading the purchases it seemed like everyone was making. . . started making me feel like it was "normal". I quickly realized normal for me is different than normal for others and I quickly came back down to Earth!

I learn SO much here, but am not easily swayed to spend $ like I initially was.

i love how honest swanks comment is. Its true in the beginning one can get caught up with all the beautiful bags and you seem to think if others can by a bag every month maybe I can too. And i agree that reality for others is not reality to me also. I bought 6 chanel bags in 2 months and Its hard to get caught up. I am finally done for this year and I have learned to appreciate from afar others purchases.:yes: so i think it is a matter of self control but tpf has given me lots of knowledge that no book or SA can teach me. thanks girls!

I think it is good. Everyone is so helpful:yes: and while it can be temping to want to buy everything people have because it is all so gorgeous, in the end I only buy what I can afford since I am still a student. I have learned a ton while here though and am grateful for the knowledge!!! One day I will have a beautiful perfect (for me) huge collection!

i love how honest swanks comment is. Its true in the beginning one can get caught up with all the beautiful bags and you seem to think if others can by a bag every month maybe I can too. And i agree that reality for others is not reality to me also. I bought 6 chanel bags in 2 months and Its hard to get caught up. I am finally done for this year and I have learned to appreciate from afar others purchases.:yes: so i think it is a matter of self control but tpf has given me lots of knowledge that no book or SA can teach me. thanks girls!

Hear hear!! That is sooo true...I've only really been addicted to this forum the past month and believe me, it's been soooo hard making decisions not to buy when I know I can't afford to buy more bags now. But u know what, after I passed on the luxe bowler, I realised I can do this! I can just look at all the beautiful bags here, admire and not feel bad that I can't own all of them! :yes:

It's a combination of both good and bad!

Good because you'll know more info's on how to authenticate designer handbags, more infos about the latest, etc. etc.

Bad because instead of buying one, you'll end up buying 5! LOL!

I think it is mostly good for me. I enjoy having a place where people share my addiction and I think I have become a wiser shopper. I think that window shopping at the mall can be just as tempting as seeing pictures here. I have really enjoyed the comraderie here.