Chanel Spring Summer 2016 classic flap yes or no

Wow, so brutal to this bag!

I really liked it- until I read this thread which does point out some truths!

Off the bat I don't like the airplane on the clasp, and I don't like the sewn on logo patch in a classic.

The more I stare at it, the weirder it looks without quilting!

Dear purseforum readers,

I need your help! I have budget for only 1 more Chanel this year. My SA sent me pictures of this classic flap from the spring summer 2016 collection. It looks like satin but is lamb skin. What do you think? Is this bag versatile enough? Or is it limited to only spring summer? Does the print limit its usage? I love the airplane on the clasp and that it's very unique. However, I'm worried about its versatility. So what do you think? If it is the last bag you buy this year, would you go for it? Thank you for your input!
Honestly... I can see using it on the 4th of July and summer picnics….but not much else…just my opinion. Too much of a novelty for the price for my taste. Good luck deciding. :heart:

Honestly, the only way I would buy this handbag is if I could buy the rolling luggage and the XXL travel bag to go with it. I would really be styling when I traveled with all of them.

But just the handbag... uh no. JMHO!

Wow, so brutal to this bag!

I really liked it- until I read this thread which does point out some truths!

Off the bat I don't like the airplane on the clasp, and I don't like the sewn on logo patch in a classic.

The more I stare at it, the weirder it looks without quilting!

I know... Where's the love? I thought it was cute... But you guys really tore it apart :P

I don't care for it. If you had a large collection and could put this into rotation for a day here and there it might be fine, but all I see is a bag that you'll tire of and wonder why you bought it. It's so hard with Chanel as you never know what is coming around the corner, but there is alot of excitement for the Rome collection. Hold out....

Something tells me this bag will be around for a while and if you change your mind, someone will still have it. A month or two from now, I doubt you'll give it a second glance.

+1. I don't care for it. If you had a very large Chanel collection then I'd say add it if you must. Otherwise this looks like a bag that will wear out its welcome in a year or so. If you want a fun pattern, I think there are others that will come out that you will love more.

Thanks... Yea that's what I'm afraid of... Getting tired of the bag sometime in the future...

Sorry if my opinion made you feel bad. :hugs: I always try to be honest but don't want to be hurtful in giving opinions. I feel this way about alot of the pieces right now that have that 1970's American Airlines or Pan Am Look. I've never been a fan of the red, white and blue thing and that's a personal feeling. I can't see the overly retro look with my daily style.

Some of the opinions here have saved me from making a purchase I would have regretted and it's obvious the favorites are the classic styles. Totally agree that if this came with a set of matching luggage and it was gifted to me, I'd carry it with pride on a trip to Monte Carlo!