Chanel Spring Summer 2016 classic flap yes or no

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dear purseforum readers,

I need your help! I have budget for only 1 more Chanel this year. My SA sent me pictures of this classic flap from the spring summer 2016 collection. It looks like satin but is lamb skin. What do you think? Is this bag versatile enough? Or is it limited to only spring summer? Does the print limit its usage? I love the airplane on the clasp and that it's very unique. However, I'm worried about its versatility. So what do you think? If it is the last bag you buy this year, would you go for it? Thank you for your input!

Attached Files:

2. don't get it

3. I like it but don't love it..

4. Thank you! Need you to keep me grounded.

5. There will be many more beautiful bags released before the end of the year! Wait until you see one you can't walk out of the store without :biggrin:

6. I think u can find better :smile:

7. I like it. I can see it with white jeans, a pop of color with an all black outfit, a red pencil skirt; You could have fun with this piece. My only concern would be the colors and the leather and how they will hold up with wear.
    I can't say get it, but I do like it.

8. +1

9. Yea I thought it was a fun piece. But limited in its usage-primarily black and white outfits...

10. Great advice! Thanks!

11. I feel like it's something you might get tired of in the future it's nice but I wouldn't get it. If you want something fun, maybe get a Flap in a fun color?

12. Thanks... Yea that's what I'm afraid of... Getting tired of the bag sometime in the future...

13. I don't care for it. If you had a large collection and could put this into rotation for a day here and there it might be fine, but all I see is a bag that you'll tire of and wonder why you bought it. It's so hard with Chanel as you never know what is coming around the corner, but there is alot of excitement for the Rome collection. Hold out....

Something tells me this bag will be around for a while and if you change your mind, someone will still have it. A month or two from now, I doubt you'll give it a second glance.

14. "A month or two from now, I doubt you'll give it a second glance" lol! Well said! :biggrin:

You're right! I have a decent Chanel collection (10 bags total) and don't mind putting it into rotation. But I am trying to be selective and don't want to regret it later. Will hold out for Rome collection! Thanks for the sound advice!

15. too trendy for me - I think you might get bored with it!!