Chanel snowglobe X-Mas gift 2017. But alas, Chanel told me I won't get one.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I recieved my snowglobe I believe 3 years ago for Christmas. I didn't spend a particularly large amount of money at Chanel maybe 1 or 2 bags a year for 2-3 years, but had been going into the store for oh gosh 8 years to look at the products. I always loved Chanel and dragged everyone I was with into the store. I got to know the director and she took notice to this. That year they had received two snowglobes and I received one of them. I have received other gifts and been able to go to some amazing events since then. At my store it's not only about how much you spend, but how much you appreciate the brand. I strongly urge you to find an SA you click with and form a bond! Good luck on the snowglobe adventure!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I am so happy for you that you received a snow globe :heart:. I loved to read how much you love Chanel and how you always dragged everyone who was with you into the store :P.
I used to have two great SA's many years ago, but both have left the company. Since then I visited several Chanel boutiques, but didn't work with one specific SA all the time.
There's one SA who helped me more than once in the past year, but I don't feel like I have a bond with her (yet). I decided I would like to visit the boutique before the end of the year anyway, to see what they have in stock. I'll see if the SA who helped me earlier this year is around then.
I was surprised to read that your boutique only received two snow globes :nuts:. I guess the SA was telling the truth when she said the boutiques didn't receive much snow globes and even less than in previous years.
Thank you for wishing me good luck, I am really going to need it :flowers:.

I didn't know whether I should comment because it might come off as 'rubbing it in' but please know that's not my intention. I honestly felt my heart sink a bit when I read how much you wanted a globe and how you weren't able to get one. I only started to seriously purchase from Chanel this year and only bought a CF, some jewelry and recently a belt. I very unexpectedly received a mini snow globe in the mail. It was a lovely surprise but I know many people spend way more money at Chanel and don't receive any seasonal gifts for years. What is worse, my friend, who basically is obsessed with cosmetics, only ever purchases perfumes and cosmetics from Chanel online. She received a globe in the mail today from a boutique she never has stepped foot in! How is this even possible? It feels like their system is random or something. Maybe it's just poorly designed and the most loyal customers aren't the ones who get rewarded. Don't feel bad about not getting one, because it clearly doesn't reflect on your value as a customer or how much you spend. If you're thinking "maybe if I had spent more..." well I'm not even sure that's a factor anymore. I don't really know how they decide whom to send globes to, but I really wish people like you didn't have so much trouble obtaining one.

Reactions: **Chanel**
I just asked my SA and she said expenditure doesn’t determine if you can get the gifts or not, though it helps. I’ve received quite a number of gifts from her though I’m not a big spender. There are years where I only bought shoes and I still receive gifts. Go figure.

Reactions: **Chanel**
When I receive gifts from my SA, there will be a note from her. When I receive a gift from Chanel.com ( That's where I usually shop for my cosmetics), there will also me a note in there saying it's from Chanel.com. Every year for the last few years that I bought from them, Chanel.com sends me little gift and this tiny snow globe is for this year. I think to receive gifts from the shop, you need to have an SA that you work with. And to receive gifts from online purchases, you probably need to spend an amount that Chanel set. Anyway, good luck and I really hope you get your original size snow globe one day.

Attachments

• IMG_4193.JPG
    IMG_4193.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 712
I just asked my SA and she said expenditure doesn’t determine if you can get the gifts or not, though it helps. I’ve received quite a number of gifts from her though I’m not a big spender. There are years where I only bought shoes and I still receive gifts. Go figure.
I agreed. I spent more than 40k and also didn’t get a single item. :sick:

Same here. Although, I spent roughly that much from different locations (BG, Saks, Neimans, boutiques) and was told that department store purchases definitely do not count bc Chanel has no way of tracking those purchases and so it doesn't trigger any sort of reward program from Corporate & I guess my purchases were too spread out for any specific SA to care enough to gift me anything.

Really doesn't seem like a fair system as they should be able to track all Chanel purchases from authorized retailers (saks, nord etc) and treat paying customers the same, IMO.

Reactions: mungoo33
Same here. Although, I spent roughly that much from different locations (BG, Saks, Neimans, boutiques) and was told that department store purchases definitely do not count bc Chanel has no way of tracking those purchases and so it doesn't trigger any sort of reward program from Corporate & I guess my purchases were too spread out for any specific SA to care enough to gift me anything.

Really doesn't seem like a fair system as they should be able to track all Chanel purchases from authorized retailers (saks, nord etc) and treat paying customers the same, IMO.
Don’t feel too bad :flowers: when you purchase from department stores you get cash discount, points and other offers that Chanel boutique customers don’t get.

In a way department store customers were getting their rewards in form of cash throughout the year, up front. It’s a matter of what type of perks you personally enjoy as I am more of a boutique customer (also dept store when my boutique didn’t order certain things) and I value more the service and the after purchase support personally than points.

The boutique is offering their version of incentives to their loyal customers just like the department stores have been doing all year long. Otherwise with the high volume stock that the department stores have, and the promotions that they roll out, you cannot possibly expect the boutique to be able to be competitive at all? In act the department store points are given to all their customers (at least something regardless of total purchase amt) whereas not all boutique customers get something, so I think if anything it may be more unfair to boutique patrons :P

I do think if gift or incentive matters a lot then if one doesn’t purchase lots for chanel then it might be more incentive to be a department store patron.

I didn't know whether I should comment because it might come off as 'rubbing it in' but please know that's not my intention. I honestly felt my heart sink a bit when I read how much you wanted a globe and how you weren't able to get one. I only started to seriously purchase from Chanel this year and only bought a CF, some jewelry and recently a belt. I very unexpectedly received a mini snow globe in the mail. It was a lovely surprise but I know many people spend way more money at Chanel and don't receive any seasonal gifts for years. What is worse, my friend, who basically is obsessed with cosmetics, only ever purchases perfumes and cosmetics from Chanel online. She received a globe in the mail today from a boutique she never has stepped foot in! How is this even possible? It feels like their system is random or something. Maybe it's just poorly designed and the most loyal customers aren't the ones who get rewarded. Don't feel bad about not getting one, because it clearly doesn't reflect on your value as a customer or how much you spend. If you're thinking "maybe if I had spent more..." well I'm not even sure that's a factor anymore. I don't really know how they decide whom to send globes to, but I really wish people like you didn't have so much trouble obtaining one.

Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your mini snow globe, I am very happy for you :heart:!
Still no luck myself and Chanel never came back to me so far. I guess it's all about the relationship one has with a specific SA.
I am suprised that some still receive mini snow globes for beauty purchases made online, because the Beauty SA told me they did not have any online. Well, maybe she meant not for me :P.
Went to a department store on Friday, that also sells Chanel cosmetics to try my luck.
I must say, the SA who helped me was incredible friendly, we really had a good chat. But she told me in the 10 years she worked at the department store, they never received any Chanel snow globes. She also recommended to try my luck at the boutiques instead. I think she truly felt bad for me that I couldn't get a snow globe, because at the end she gave me a festive green camellia that they use on their holiday packaging for cosmetics, which I found a sweet gesture of her :hbeat:.

When I receive gifts from my SA, there will be a note from her. When I receive a gift from Chanel.com ( That's where I usually shop for my cosmetics), there will also me a note in there saying it's from Chanel.com. Every year for the last few years that I bought from them, Chanel.com sends me little gift and this tiny snow globe is for this year. I think to receive gifts from the shop, you need to have an SA that you work with. And to receive gifts from online purchases, you probably need to spend an amount that Chanel set. Anyway, good luck and I really hope you get your original size snow globe one day.

Thank you for sharing and love the picture of your snow globe :heart:. Reading all the replies makes me think that I might get lucky one day. I hope so.

I know how you feel :hugs:. I also spent quite an amount in all those years that I've been shopping at Chanel. Never received anything at all, not even a Christmas card.
Based on all the replies I've read so far, I think it is important to shop with one specific SA that you have a click with. I guess that improves your chance to receive a gift from Chanel.
However, I don't think Chanel should make it so difficult to loyal customers to receive a snow globe. Production costs for a snow globe are really not high (their price increases every year are much higher :P), so maybe they could raise the production of these snow globes so that more customers could have one. A small token of appreciation would mean so much to several customers. And a happy customer is a returning customer, so win/win for Chanel IMO :idea:.

I know how you feel :hugs:. I also spent quite an amount in all those years that I've been shopping at Chanel. Never received anything at all, not even a Christmas card.
Based on all the replies I've read so far, I think it is important to shop with one specific SA that you have a click with. I guess that improves your chance to receive a gift from Chanel.
However, I don't think Chanel should make it so difficult to loyal customers to receive a snow globe. Production costs for a snow globe are really not high (their price increases every year are much higher :P), so maybe they could raise the production of these snow globes so that more customers could have one. A small token of appreciation would mean so much to several customers. And a happy customer is a returning customer, so win/win for Chanel IMO :idea:.
I only started to purchase chanel last year and only shop with one SA but she has left the company few mths back. I Guess no luck with the snow globe :crybaby:

Noooo...how come?? Do u work with a single SA?
Yup with one single SA. She said these are determined by marketing team. From the forum it doesn’t seem to be the case

I only work with one SA in sg but that also don’t entitled me to any cards or gifts :facepalm:

Hi **Chanel**, hope you're doing well. I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to let you know that this year, there is a way to actually purchase the mini snow globe ornament.

Chanel Beauty has a beauty advent calendar (Chanel No.5 Advent Calendar) for the 2021 holiday season, and one of the small gifts inside is a mini snow globe ornament!!

It is tiny, and the advent calendar is EXPENSIVE but at least it's something you can buy from Chanel this year!

The pre-order has already started in their beauty boutiques and the Chanel website.

Last edited: