Chanel Shiva flap...thoughts?

is there a sheen over the leather?

I saw the black one in store (which is what I ordered) and there is some sheen. The hardware against the sheen got me...I never thought i would like the all chain strap and thought it would be heavy but it's not! Just a stylish and practical bag...I feel like I won't worry about it too much versus smooth leather! I'm excited!

ok folks, I am in :heart: with the picture of the gold python SHIVA bag! :P

I have no idea of it's size or dimensions (assuming its the small or med).

I just love the contrast of the dark gold exotic python against the unstructured shape and bijoux chain straps.

I do know that NM has ordered the bag @$6300.00 but there are very few in the country!

Of course I have only seen this runway picture so the "truth of love" will lie in the pudding once it arrives
:love:
(ooh, and I love the name SHIVA;))

Total head turner!! Very unique to say the least...can't wait to see a reveal of this one!

Borrowed pic below...just wanted general thoughts and opinion..I ordered the biggest flap...15x10 for $3800. I liked that it can be worn cross body, shoulder single strap, double strap. Leather seems so sturdy. Hardware is light.

Any downside to the bag that anyone thinks? Would appreciate insight! Thanks

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1708766&stc=1&d=1336253337

Here's my two cents. It's good if you want your things kept securely inside because of the added zipper under the flap. But for me, it just means it's going to be a hassle to get things in and out of the purse. I'd probably leave the bag unzipped and have the flap to 'secure' my contents.
I think for a flap at 15 inches, it might look too big on the shoulder- heck it's 2 inches longer than the maxi! Imagine having your bag being bumped in crowded places. I'd pick the smallest Shiva because it's more proportionate IMO.

Other than the points above, I think it's a great-looking bag! :biggrin:

Here's my two cents. It's good if you want your things kept securely inside because of the added zipper under the flap. But for me, it just means it's going to be a hassle to get things in and out of the purse. I'd probably leave the bag unzipped and have the flap to 'secure' my contents.
I think for a flap at 15 inches, it might look too big on the shoulder- heck it's 2 inches longer than the maxi! Imagine having your bag being bumped in crowded places. I'd pick the smallest Shiva because it's more proportionate IMO.

Other than the points above, I think it's a great-looking bag! :biggrin:

Thanks for this...I wish I can get the smaller bag but I carry so much, it won't fit! I did think of the zipper and flap...can't wait to see how I love it when I get it this week:smile: Thanks!

Bad news from my friend this morning... Paris has no stock for shiva in beige :sad:
I should have asked her to get the black for me
(if there is)

Funny thing is she couldn't even get the reissue in grey for me! Thought its a new season color :sad:

The Shiva is beautiful! I'm waiting for the burgundy at my boutique. The black ones were there the last time I visited, and the material looks like a caviar that was put through a washer and then stepped on and distressed. I like it - it's caviar already, but the aged look makes it seem like you can really just throw it wherever and it will be fine!

My boutique is also getting the Python in the medium for $6300 but I don't think it's coming home with me... :sad:

CalpurniaPeach said:
The Shiva is beautiful! I'm waiting for the burgundy at my boutique. The black ones were there the last time I visited, and the material looks like a caviar that was put through a washer and then stepped on and distressed. I like it - it's caviar already, but the aged look makes it seem like you can really just throw it wherever and it will be fine!

My boutique is also getting the Python in the medium for $6300 but I don't think it's coming home with me... :sad:

So it is confirmed the python bag is coming in the medium size?

I have small black one and wear it a lot now. Very cute and casual. Worry free bag for running errands . I too have 3 more black flaps but this small shiva is the smallest I have now in my collection, and I love the size and single strap style.