Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

I am reviving this thread so as to not veer off topic on the Chanel jacket thread!

I just wanted to share all the items I am picking up from the summer sale. I have to say I am pretty excited about all of them and had a hard time saying no to them...there are a few other things I am considering but will have to look at again in store if they are still available.

First is the black cashmere cardigan from the campaign. It is much cuter in person than in pictures and I don't have a black cardigan like this. I took my usual size but probably could have also gone down a wise, but I wanted a slightly loose fit.
View attachment 3739437

Next is the white knobby tweed double breasted jacket also from the campaign. I know people weren't big fans but I kept looking at it and decided I would wait for it to go on sale, and it did. I like that it can be dressed up or down. Not a huge fan of the buttons being on the inner sleeve, but I will forgive Karl for this one. I took my usual size.
View attachment 3739438

I'm really excited about this lace dress. It was much better on than on the hanger. I went up a size to fit the waist and will have to get it take in at the bust.
View attachment 3739447

Next is this white dress in the same tweed as the jacket. This is one I had a slight bit of hesitation on, only because I don't own any white dresses and was trying to see where it would fit in my lifestyle. But I love the fit and think it will last the test of time. I went down a size so it wasn't as poofy on top.
View attachment 3739449
Finally, my SA picked out this cardigan and I was surprised that I like it. It's very lightweight and not too heavy, and I felt it would go with pants and dresses. I was wondering about the chain and horizontal stripes if it looked too harsh but I think this is a classic Chanel look. What do you all think?
View attachment 3739450
Thanks for letting me share!

I loved the long cardigan, the white dress and the short cardigan w/stripes!! May I ask what was the price for each?? @ailoveresale

Great idea to revive this thread. Love your new items - that lace dress is lovely. The last three are also my favourites on you.

Thank you Genie! [emoji5]

I loved the long cardigan, the white dress and the short cardigan w/stripes!! May I ask what was the price for each?? @ailoveresale

Thank you! I don't remember exact pricing but I think the long cardigan and white dress were both around $3200 with 40% off. The short cardigan I believe was around $2500 with 40% off.

Thank you for reviving this thread
It's better for finds and general discussion
Amazing finds
Excellent choices [emoji173]

Thank you! The mods have been generous on the jacket thread - sometimes our conversations veer more toward RTW and away from "how to wear" your jackets, and I always thought it would be nice to have a RTW thread - searched and found this! Hope we can continue to discuss here [emoji5]

Oh my gosh. Fabulous choices. The white dress and striped sweater are my favorites. Followed by the lace dress.

Thanks for reviving this. The jacket thread goes too fast these days. We probably shouldn't be posting our try on photos like the ones I posted last weekend in that thread either. It should probably be for real everyday outfits. And perhaps some of the celebrity photos should go on celebrity threads? Can someone else or the moderator weigh in?

Reactions: nicole0612
I kinda liked having one, easy-to-find place to discuss C RTW as it minimizes the number of threads to follow. But yes, while I enjoyed the range of information, it moved fast and covered many different topics.

I wonder if this thread may get lost among all the popular/new C handbag threads here? I'm not familiar enough with TPF structure and protocol to figure if Wardrobe is a better place for RTW discussions?

Those were wonderful choices. I believe my SA at Neimans has the short white cardigan and I think it might come in black w red print too? If anyone wants his info let me know :smile: it's quite soft !!!

I kinda liked having one, easy-to-find place to discuss C RTW as it minimizes the number of threads to follow. But yes, while I enjoyed the range of information, it moved fast and covered many different topics.

I wonder if this thread may get lost among all the popular/new C handbag threads here? I'm not familiar enough with TPF structure and protocol to figure if Wardrobe is a better place for RTW discussions?

Perhaps the two threads can be merged to be one Chanel thread in Wardrobe?

View attachment 3739688
Argh! I can't find anything to match this skirt other Than maybe this cruise tee? Need style sessions here. Haha :smile:

I feel like this ecru Ritz skirt could really go with everything - from your beautiful Cruise sweater today - to a black t shirt and leather jacket?
White blouse and long pearls ?
The silk chanel T you ordered is good too
Red is shown with this in a lot of chanel window displays
And burgundy
And brown would be nice too
The options are really endless
Mine will arrive next week after my second fittings
A few other members just got this skirt as well- will be fun to see how everyone styles theirs [emoji173]️

Oh my gosh. Fabulous choices. The white dress and striped sweater are my favorites. Followed by the lace dress.

Thanks for reviving this. The jacket thread goes too fast these days. We probably shouldn't be posting our try on photos like the ones I posted last weekend in that thread either. It should probably be for real everyday outfits. And perhaps some of the celebrity photos should go on celebrity threads? Can someone else or the moderator weigh in?

Thank you! I really didn't think I would want so many pieces but this is what happened last summer sale too - these pieces just fit my weather better. I'm already planning on wearing the lace dress to a red carpet event...next year! [emoji12]

Those were wonderful choices. I believe my SA at Neimans has the short white cardigan and I think it might come in black w red print too? If anyone wants his info let me know :smile: it's quite soft !!!

Thank you! There's a green cardigan I was eyeing at Neimans but don't have an SA there, will have to just go and hope they still have it.

View attachment 3739688
Argh! I can't find anything to match this skirt other Than maybe this cruise tee? Need style sessions here. Haha :smile:

Seems like it would go with a lot, like @TankerToad suggested - cream shirt, black shirt, burgundy, brown, gold... the shirt you are wearing looks cute too!

In case anyone is interested in this dress on sale and doesn't have the cruise 2016 jacket or doesn't want to buy the matching jacket... my cruise jacket is at the dry cleaner so I wore it with a missoni cardigan today. I love this dress. It's so versatile. And on sale it's a great bargain. View attachment 3739930

Such a great dress! I am tempted for sure... I didn't see this at Saks, but my boutique SA knows my work schedule and I'm just crossing fingers he is picking out and holding things for me. Or hopefully for my wallet he isn't. [emoji23]

Reactions: lulilu
Oh thanks for the advice Tanker toad! I would love to see how other ladies are wearing the cream
Skirt. I'm gun shy about thinking outside of the box. I feel like black is too stark a contrast w it. But of course black goes w everything !

I know which green cardi you mean alloverresale ! It's quite pretty. The boutiques had it in blue. So tempting :smile:

Pbp I like that dress on you very much ! Love it w the cardi !

Reactions: EmileH