Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

New to me long cardigan jacket from 11A. It’s not a true jacket since there’s no lining, but it’s very closely knitted for a “cardigan”. My gosh, now I know why all the hype for this collection, and this is only a glimpse into Karl’s genius.

I am a poor model for this style and it looks so much better by itself

View attachment 5973988
View attachment 5973996
beautiful! How was the sizing for you on this?

Reactions: Zixi1000
Got the basic white button down but not really impressed. It’s 100% cotton but feels super thin and extra stiff like it’s also a linen. Not sure it’s worth keeping for 3700…
IMG_2845.jpeg
IMG_2844.jpeg

Edit: I didn’t try this on in the store just ordered via text with my SA. I’ll attach a photo to show you what it looked like on the runway… I wish it came in black!

Attachments

• IMG_2528.jpeg
    IMG_2528.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Got the basic white button down but not really impressed. It’s 100% cotton but feels super thin and extra stiff like it’s also a linen. Not sure it’s worth keeping for 3700…
View attachment 5975156

View attachment 5975157

Edit: I didn’t try this on in the store just ordered via text with my SA. I’ll attach a photo to show you what it looked like on the runway… I wish it came in black!
I would personally return it. (A white shirt is a disposable garment regardless of price point). The buttons are fun but aside from that there’s no remarkable features.

IMG_3441.jpeg
That crease isn’t doing it any favours either.

View attachment 5975156
View attachment 5975157

I also am not sure about this one. It’s so stiff and runs very very oversized. I like the runway look purely for vacation but the fabric needs to be a bit more fluid

I also am not sure about this one. It’s so stiff and runs very very oversized. I like the runway look purely for vacation but the fabric needs to be a bit more fluid
I wasn’t expecting the oversized part! I am usually a 36-38 and feel like I need a 34. You are right about the stiff fabric. I tried it on again and it just doesn’t feel good either. Ughhhhhh ok I learned to try the runway clothes before buying :doh:

I wasn’t expecting the oversized part! I am usually a 36-38 and feel like I need a 34. You are right about the stiff fabric. I tried it on again and it just doesn’t feel good either. Ughhhhhh ok I learned to try the runway clothes before buying :doh:

I agree it’s absolutely massive. It does give the look of the runway when you wear the set but you’re right that it doesn’t feel good 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: Tina_Bina
View attachment 5975156
View attachment 5975157

IMHO for 1/4 of the price you can have a made-to-measure white shirt made with the best cotton in the market...

Just wondering, if a jacket needs tailoring do you always go to Chanel for it or would a reputable tailor be a good secondary option? I recently purchased a vintage jacket and want some small alterations to be made. I don’t currently have a Chanel SA so it seems like a hassle to go to the boutique.

Reactions: icedcoffee
Just wondering, if a jacket needs tailoring do you always go to Chanel for it or would a reputable tailor be a good secondary option? I recently purchased a vintage jacket and want some small alterations to be made. I don’t currently have a Chanel SA so it seems like a hassle to go to the boutique.
Personally, if it's vintage and you have a trusted tailor, I'd be ok with that.

New to me long cardigan jacket from 11A. It’s not a true jacket since there’s no lining, but it’s very closely knitted for a “cardigan”. My gosh, now I know why all the hype for this collection, and this is only a glimpse into Karl’s genius.

I am a poor model for this style and it looks so much better by itself

View attachment 5973988
View attachment 5973996

I'm loving these 'archive' pieces, this is an amazing indoor/outdoor piece. Don't save it for best just wear and wear and wear. A beautiful Chanel piece is forever and ever