Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

I like you two older finds so much more than the current Spring jacket. They look much more classic Chanel tweed:heart:
I know right!! My advisor was helping me with the alteration on the purple jacket and she was a big fan of Karl and we reminisced together. But she was also lamenting the exaggerated shoulders on some of his design lol. I hope I can find a couple more of his classic jackets that I like in the future

I like this 24S jacket but don’t love it..Also think it’s pricy for this type of tweed (feels very thin and a little rigid). However the denim cap is perfect for me=D

I also got these 2 new to me jackets from 2018! The purple one is going to alteration for shoulder (the shoulder is bulky like many friends here mentioned). The green jacket fits good (I really miss Karl:sad: )

View attachment 5970419
View attachment 5970427View attachment 5970428
Love the purple one on you! Agree with the current spring jacket, I am going to return it.

Reactions: Zixi1000
I don't think that Hermes is losing any sleep over this. They do what they like and I think the same is true for Chanel. The French can be very rigid and if they have a selling policy, they will stick to it. No one is forcing a person to buy from any brand. If you don't like a company's selling policy, then don't buy the brand.

Absolument … but if the plantiffs prevail, I will be watching for the next lawsuit (right or wrong).

All the crazy wrong suits out there, one wonders, what is next?

I know right!! My advisor was helping me with the alteration on the purple jacket and she was a big fan of Karl and we reminisced together. But she was also lamenting the exaggerated shoulders on some of his design lol. I hope I can find a couple more of his classic jackets that I like in the future
I have a few of those exaggerated shoulders lol! I like them because I don’t have big model like shoulders. Karl wasn’t afraid to experiment and that made his designs more fun.

Saw something interesting on the MAX series Tokyo.Vice. The girlfriend of the big bad guy Tozawa was wearing a beautiful Chanel jacket that was, I think, from the 2013 Cruise collection. It looked like this one.DD5C8FB0-A1AC-4FD5-8EDC-0A2715CB11C0.jpeg

I think the 24S jacket looks a lot better on you than for me! But if you don’t love it then best to wait for something better
I went in to exchange that black double breasted jacket and was given another… double breasted option 😅It’s better as it’s cropped, but not in love with the tweed and sequins - on hold for a day while I mull over it. Again, while I liked it better than the black, I don’t love it. Either exchange to this white cropped or risk having nothing to exchange to for the next 10 days~

Attachments

• 4D2A2336-E6F1-41A3-A627-15F2AD804D7A.jpeg
    4D2A2336-E6F1-41A3-A627-15F2AD804D7A.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 18D9D38E-FD93-4960-A5ED-647132BF4DBF.jpeg
    18D9D38E-FD93-4960-A5ED-647132BF4DBF.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 154
  • 14BB79A1-7C19-4723-8C0A-0DB19F50603F.jpeg
    14BB79A1-7C19-4723-8C0A-0DB19F50603F.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 154
I went in to exchange that black double breasted jacket and was given another… double breasted option 😅It’s better as it’s cropped, but not in love with the tweed and sequins - on hold for a day while I mull over it. Again, while I liked it better than the black, I don’t love it. Either exchange to this white cropped or risk having nothing to exchange to for the next 10 days~
Ohhh are you not in US? It’s sucks you can’t just return it. I actually reserved this white jacket during the buy, since your store has it now I expect to get a message from my advisor soon about it as well.

Is it really cropped? I don’t do well with short jackets…

Reactions: Joke
Ohhh are you not in US? It’s sucks you can’t just return it. I actually reserved this white jacket during the buy, since your store has it now I expect to get a message from my advisor soon about it as well.

Is it really cropped? I don’t do well with short jackets…
I’m in Asia, only one piece came in today and happens to be my size. It’s not really cropped, more of a short jacket. I’m 160cm for reference. The tweed was nice but I typically don’t prefer the use of sequins. It’s great you can reserve during the buy and return if you don’t like it in the end :smile:

• Sad
Reactions: Joke and Zixi1000
I’m in Asia, only one piece came in today and happens to be my size. It’s not really cropped, more of a short jacket. I’m 160cm for reference. The tweed was nice but I typically don’t prefer the use of sequins. It’s great you can reserve during the buy and return if you don’t like it in the end :smile:
I am curious how you like the tweed on this white one by itself? Is it more substantial and softer compare to the tweed on the black jacket?

finally found a non-black top that goes well with this jacket:idea:

I have been debating if I should shorten the sleeve to “bracelet” length but worried the tweed pattern on the sleeve will not align with the body with this type of adjustment:sad:
View attachment 5969370
I bought this jacket when it just came out. The way my tailor altered it was to shorten from both sides of the shoulder seams. She assured me that everything would be aligned. And in the end, they are indeed aligned perfectly. It's like solving a geometry puzzle ;)
I typically wear a white Tshirt under it. It's very simple to wear. Enjoy!