CHANEL REISSUE

I couldn't decide between the 226 and the 227. I ultimately went with the 227. I'd like to get a 226 eventually though. I sold my m/l flap as it was just too small. I think the 226 is a great size and it has the chain that can be worn crossbody.

Yes I think I've set my mind on the 226. I have a m/l and it just doesn't hold much and thus not very practical for me (and too flashy to use as a daily bag in Denmark unfortunately) :sad:

Reactions: RasberryLV
I find this thread very confusing, as I have been looking for a 2.55 reissue bag for a while, both in the UK and abroad. I've been told by many staff in the boutiques that there is only one reissue bag and it's called the 2.55. This was the original bag Coco Chanel designed for herself and it was given this name because of the date of its origin/birth which was February 1955 - hence 2.55.
I have been informed many times it's available in 3 sizes (S/M/L) in the Iconic collection and also that customers do ask for 224/226 etc bags, which they said don't exist.

I find this thread very confusing, as I have been looking for a 2.55 reissue bag for a while, both in the UK and abroad. I've been told by many staff in the boutiques that there is only one reissue bag and it's called the 2.55. This was the original bag Coco Chanel designed for herself and it was given this name because of the date of its origin/birth which was February 1955 - hence 2.55.
I have been informed many times it's available in 3 sizes (S/M/L) in the Iconic collection and also that customers do ask for 224/226 etc bags, which they said don't exist.

225, 226, 227 refer to the style codes the Iconic 2.55 bag originally had back in 2005-2008. They corresponded to the size with 225 being a small. Chanel has long stopped using those codes but it is still widely used on the forum and amongst Chanel enthusiasts. So unless your SA was around back then, they'll have no clue what those numbers mean.

Here is what the old codes were. This one was for a 227 or what's now known as a large. Notice the number 227 after the A30 on the box on top. IMG_1474340111.459992.jpg

Reissue%20224_zpsqtxfzlo9.jpg

Just saw these today. Fell in LOVE with the look, leather, size and chain of the burgundy mini but at this price point compared to the rectangle mini, I really can't justify purchasing it.. :sad: They're pretty much the same size and shape.

The burgundy is stunning! But yes, alas the price...

Reissue%20224_zpsqtxfzlo9.jpg

Just saw these today. Fell in LOVE with the look, leather, size and chain of the burgundy mini but at this price point compared to the rectangle mini, I really can't justify purchasing it.. :sad: They're pretty much the same size and shape.
I am actually considering getting a 224 instead of a mini now as the regular mini is not as versatile as the 224.

I am actually considering getting a 224 instead of a mini now as the regular mini is not as versatile as the 224.

I would love a 224 too but considering the price difference between mini flap and 224 it is hard for me to justify especially the capacity is around the same (and 224 has double flap so not sure how much it can hold?)

But do share if you get a 224! They are so beautiful! :heart:

I would love a 224 too but considering the price difference between mini flap and 224 it is hard for me to justify especially the capacity is around the same (and 224 has double flap so not sure how much it can hold?)

I will share if I decide to get it but like you said, it is so much more expensive than a regular mini but at least this one can be worn with the chains doubled up so I suppose we have to pay more for that option.

I will share if I decide to get it but like you said, it is so much more expensive than a regular mini but at least this one can be worn with the chains doubled up so I suppose we have to pay more for that option.

When I compared both in store, the capacity looked similar.

I know right, the 224 is gorgeous -- I love the look especially of the gold chain and I am looking for a mini bag. But for the price difference between both the 224 and classic mini, and between the 224 and 225, the price of the 224 just isn't justified :sad: It would make more sense to purchase either a classic mini or a 225.