CHANEL REISSUE

Can anyone share insights into wear and tear for an aged calfskin 2.55 bag? Both mini and classic variations?
Specifically I am wondering:

1. Does the gold toned metal strap tarnish easily/if so what do you do about it

2. The shape of the top curvature. New bags seem to have a rounded curved top (as it should be) but whenever I see a used bag, the curvature is much sharper almost triangular. Is that just how the bag ages or is it based on user wear?

3. The bowing on the bottom of the bag… can it stand flat or does it fall over? Does it look plasticky/paper cardboard like over time due to the folds?

I really love the style and design of this bag but I only seem to like it when I see a fresh bag :smile: have yet to see a used 2.55 bag that has held its shape etc (whereas classic flap shape holds well, and some of the lambskin deflates a bit over time- just want to get a sense of how the bag ages)

Thanks in advance
I have a black aged calfskin reissue in 226 size, purchased from the boutique 14 years ago and still in great shape. There is some slight tarnishing on the chain but because it’s aged gold to begin with, it honestly doesn’t look much different or worse for wear.

There is a slight bow to the bottom of the bag - I don’t think mine can stand without falling over but it doesn’t bother me. I believe the reissues are meant to be “folded” at the bottom but mine didn’t come that way.

It’s a wonderful bag overall. It has a different look from the classic flap, which I have as well. IMHO, the reissue is edgier, more discreet while still being classy. The leather on mine has worn very well over the 14 years, nothing plasticky about it. The stitching is still impeccable!

• Thanks
Reactions: hermesandchanel
I have a black aged calfskin reissue in 226 size, purchased from the boutique 14 years ago and still in great shape. There is some slight tarnishing on the chain but because it’s aged gold to begin with, it honestly doesn’t look much different or worse for wear.

There is a slight bow to the bottom of the bag - I don’t think mine can stand without falling over but it doesn’t bother me. I believe the reissues are meant to be “folded” at the bottom but mine didn’t come that way.

It’s a wonderful bag overall. It has a different look from the classic flap, which I have as well. IMHO, the reissue is edgier, more discreet while still being classy. The leather on mine has worn very well over the 14 years, nothing plasticky about it. The stitching is still impeccable!
Thanks that all sounds great! And good point about the hardware. I prefer the 2.55 look as well over the classic ! How’s the top flap curvature on your bag? Is it still smoothly rounded or does it “fold” into more of a triangle shape?

Hello, researching about getting my own reissue.. Do you guys see a huge difference between 225 and 226? I'm more inclined towards the 225, because I don't love very 'long' east-west bags, but at the same time this will function as a 'larger' option for when I want to take a bit more with me...

As much as I love the aged gold+ aged black leather classic combo, I'm leaning towards to ruthenium+dark (green, blue, purple?) aged leather, as I think it fulfills better the 'stealth'/everyday function of it.

Hello, researching about getting my own reissue.. Do you guys see a huge difference between 225 and 226? I'm more inclined towards the 225, because I don't love very 'long' east-west bags, but at the same time this will function as a 'larger' option for when I want to take a bit more with me...

As much as I love the aged gold+ aged black leather classic combo, I'm leaning towards to ruthenium+dark (green, blue, purple?) aged leather, as I think it fulfills better the 'stealth'/everyday function of it.
It’s not a major size difference but the 226 definitely holds more on the days when you need it. I personally prefer the 225 because I’m petite and it looks less bulky when I carry it crossbody. I usually carry my 226 on the shoulder.

I love the ruthenium hardware as well. It looks great with black or the darker colors you mentioned.

Reactions: ButchChanel

I have both 225 and 226. I like 226 so much i bought same ghw in 225. :biggrin::biggrin:Hope this helps! 1712883486842.png
1712883520824.png