Chanel PST disappoints me!

^I agree. I don't like the proportions of the PST, same reason I don't like e/w flaps.

Anyhow, you made a good choice passing up on it! It sounds like you truly want the GST, so save up a little more and get what you know you want. Never settle! I know the PST has a more alluring price point, as it's well under 2k, but if you're not totally in love with it you're just throwing away that money.

I really wanted to get a PST as well before the price increase. I think it's the perfect size - it holds a lot without being a "big" bag. However, I was more worried about how it will hold up over time. I've seen pictures where the bag looks saggy and the sides have sort of creased and crumpled. Does this happen with frequent use?
Only if you always store it/put it down with the four bottom corners on the ground (bag upright). Gravity will cause the four corners to start sinking in. I noticed when I first got my GST that if I let it sit upright for even an hour or so, the weight of the bag and the things inside already start to make the corners sag in!!! I realized that the correct way to put it down is to lay it on its "back", so that the weight of the bag isn't pushing down on the bottom corners.

^I agree. I don't like the proportions of the PST, same reason I don't like e/w flaps.

Anyhow, you made a good choice passing up on it! It sounds like you truly want the GST, so save up a little more and get what you know you want. Never settle! I know the PST has a more alluring price point, as it's well under 2k, but if you're not totally in love with it you're just throwing away that money.

Only if you always store it/put it down with the four bottom corners on the ground (bag upright). Gravity will cause the four corners to start sinking in. I noticed when I first got my GST that if I let it sit upright for even an hour or so, the weight of the bag and the things inside already start to make the corners sag in!!! I realized that the correct way to put it down is to lay it on its "back", so that the weight of the bag isn't pushing down on the bottom corners.

So you put it down this way even when in use (say in the car while you'e driving somewhere) or only during storage? I think it would drive me crazy to always lay the bag on it's side, like if I take it to the nail or hair salon (which is where my rigid GST always went with me). The purpose of this bag for me is a workhorse bag that can withstand carrying more during the times I need more and still maintain it's shape. But I'm super anal about sagging corners on caviar!

So you put it down this way even when in use (say in the car while you'e driving somewhere) or only during storage? I think it would drive me crazy to always lay the bag on it's side, like if I take it to the nail or hair salon (which is where my rigid GST always went with me). The purpose of this bag for me is a workhorse bag that can withstand carrying more during the times I need more and still maintain it's shape. But I'm super anal about sagging corners on caviar!

it would drive me crazy too since the gst is open at the top, right? so i can totally envision all of my stuff sliding out over the floor of my car. bent corners would bother me too -- what's the solution? i have an old style gst (the one nicole ritchie has) and it doesn't have corners on the bottom to get bent. maybe chanel needs to fix the design.

RitchieChanel022.jpg

this thread goes to show how important it is to try on bags in real life. we all get seduced by pictures of people with their lovely bags and assume they will look as awesome on us and it's not always true!

I know what you mean - the first time I walked into the Chanel store, I almost fell over when I saw the price of a medium flap! In all honesty, it's a lot of money for such a small purse lol!

Kicksarefortwids: Could you please show a pic of your bag upright? I loved the bag Nicole Ritchie carried so much...that I went to Chanel to inquire about this bag without knowing it was an old style GST. I love this bag!!!