Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

Wow thanks so much for your info. A reseller offered me this bag and I just want to make sure that it is from the current collection.

if i remember correctly, it should be from 15B, same season as the red lamb ghw cf. imo the colour irl looks a bit darker than in this photo, but still a charming colour on a m/l. looking fwd to your reveal. :smile:

Question Ladies I keep changing my Paris dates first was Dec 29th- Jan 6th, then Jan 3rd - Jan 15th, then February 25th - March 5th and I can still go either way smh .. What's the possibility of them being sold out of classic flap jumbos or Maxis with the first two sets of dates? I would be devastated lol.

Any idea on the usual stock and price for the Chanel card holder and card case (preferably black caviar with GHW)? I'm going to Paris in a few weeks and wonder if I should just pick it up now in the US if I happen to find it because I know it's so difficult to find. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!

We were in Paris this June and the prices are definitely a little lower especially with the VAT back but the stock was so low in everything that I didn't even get anything. The SA said they have a lot of the "Girl" bag - would i like to look at that? - no thank you!

Any idea on the usual stock and price for the Chanel card holder and card case (preferably black caviar with GHW)? I'm going to Paris in a few weeks and wonder if I should just pick it up now in the US if I happen to find it because I know it's so difficult to find. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!

Yes, I believe I saw these exact ones at the Rue Cambon location yesterday. They had a tray of lots of various small wallets & card holders. [emoji4] I also saw a beautiful Burgundy lamb card holder (the one that snaps shut).

The euro prices seem to be around 150 less than US, not an exact approximation, for example the small O case in U.S. is around $500, in France it's 335€.

Hi tPFers, hoping to get clarification here on purchasing in France. [emoji4]

I've been scouring the forum and still confused about the special DETAX department at the Galeries Lafayette store where Chanel & LV are located. Which of these statements is accurate about getting my VAT refund:

1) I purchase at Galeries Lafayette and DETAX downstairs, I can get an immediate refund (in cash) without requiring a Customs stamp at the airport/train station upon existing the EU zone.

OR

2) Regardless of purchasing at G.L. and going thru their DETAX dept. I STILL am required to see Customs upon leaving the EU zone and MAIL in my forms. (Exactly like every other luxury store in Paris.)

I've read posts here that confirm both statements above so now I'm confused. Reading the G.L. website FAQ leads me to believe #2 is correct, but really hoping #1 is correct so I don't need to worry about exiting the EU within three months. [emoji4] Thank you so much!!

2. Any large dept store ie GL or LBonMarche may give you a cash refund immediately but if you do not get a stamp when exiting the EU and the form is not received back stamped your credit card (which they note at Detax) will be charged the vat amount plus a processing fee in three months time. This is mandatory to prove the goods gave left the EU.

2. Any large dept store ie GL or LBonMarche may give you a cash refund immediately but if you do not get a stamp when exiting the EU and the form is not received back stamped your credit card (which they note at Detax) will be charged the vat amount plus a processing fee in three months time. This is mandatory to prove the goods gave left the EU.

OK thank you! So I must get the stamp regardless. [emoji5]️ I was hoping I could do everything at GL. I plan to pay by credit card anyway, so not sure I'd qualify for a cash refund.

It's odd because I asked the lady helping customers at the Rue Cambon store about bag stock and possibly transferring it to the GL location so I can purchase there & take advantage of the DETAX (while I was assuming scenario #1) and her replies also led me to believe that the dept. store had an advantage. (But the SAs in stand alone stores take care of your Detax individually anyway.) I guess my questions to her got lost in translation. [emoji38]