Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

I am slightly worried that you might not see many 2.55s when you are in Paris... But I guess it depends on what colour you're looking for... 2.55s have been out in France since the end of January. I would suggest visiting the boutique at rue Royale which only sells shoes and bags. It's not as well known as other big Chanel boutiques. Obviously rue Cambon has the best selection, being the flagship store. But everyone goes to rue Cambon...!

I got my Reissue from Chanel St. Honore rue Faubourg.

I doubt you will get any reissues, colours available are gold and maybe silver in the small sizes which is 224 and 225.

I had called couple of days back wanting any size in red, green, navy, and they said there is none!

But whilst you are there, you should to go all the stores, including Cambon which is the flagship store.

Good luck!! And if you see any red 227, let me know:smile:

I went to Paris at the end of Jan, bought a purple, navy 227 (1890 euro, include tax) and red 226 (1780 euro, include tax) from Rue Cambon.

Also a navy 226 from Ave Montaigne.

Acutally, i called rue Cambon ( a week b4 i left) asked them to reserve those bags for me.

good luck!!!

I spotted the Jumbo Classic in Caviar for 1072 pounds. This was in the Chanel outlet in Heathrow airport.
Work it out if its any cheaper. It does, when compared to Singapore or Tokyo. Cheers.

OH! Thank a lot all of you. I got more info. for my reference to shopping in paris. I think I have to pay a lot of bags in this trip. So I will go to the store where you recommended. I will give you response when I back. Thank you again and again.
Fighto! shopping! Fighto! Paris! Fighto! CHANEL! Fighto! Bbag! Fighto! LV! hahahaha.....

Hi,

I just came back from Paris today and I got my 227 in rue Cambon store. they still have metallic red, green, dark silver, gold. They also have new colour - chocolate (very dark brown) and pearl (it's more like light gold colour). And I got the Pearl colour.

and the price for my 227 is 1890 euro.

Hope you get it!;)

I'm leaving for Paris week after you and lived there for 2 years. This is what I think, don't know how accurate it is.

1. Will be easy to find Chanel Bags, and ones not seen here in USA, as the French women don't carry them. They cater more to foreigners and the big tourist season doesnt hit until after Easter.

2. Try the boutiques as suggested to you, there are 4 on right bank
31 Rue Cambon--Coco lived right around the corner.
25 Rue Royale
42 Ave Montaigne
21 Fauborg St Honore

2. Dont forget about the department stores Printemps and Galleries Lafayette. You will get VAT discount right at the store, just show your USA passport and they will give you a ticket to use for discount when you check out.

3. As mentioned above the Euro/Dollar X is worst I've ever seen it and I lived in France in the 80's when it was over 4 Francs to a dollar. So the girl that paid 1890 euros is about 2850 USD. The only reason to buy your bag in Paris is to get a "not sold in USA" bag which there will be plenty.

Bonne Chance and always greet the SA with Bonjour and smile at her. And when she shows you a bag, say "oh tres jolie". She will love you and give you good sales help and attention. If you want to know the price "C'est combien s'il vous plait?"

Reactions: girleuro
3. As mentioned above the Euro/Dollar X is worst I've ever seen it and I lived in France in the 80's when it was over 4 Francs to a dollar. So the girl that paid 1890 euros is about 2850 USD. The only reason to buy your bag in Paris is to get a "not sold in USA" bag which there will be plenty.

Bonne Chance and always greet the SA with Bonjour and smile at her. And when she shows you a bag, say "oh tres jolie". She will love you and give you good sales help and attention. If you want to know the price "C'est combien s'il vous plait?"

If you get a VAT refund the 2850$ (which is the retail price in the US without tax) comes down to 2511$ (you get around 12% refunded), so it still is cheaper if you're from the US.

Yeah they love you when you actually talk in french, but learning "C'est combien s'il vous plait?" by heart could give you a price quote in french which is pretty hard to understand if you aren't used to talking it, just on a side note ;) Though in my experience SAs will switch to english anyway sometimes if they realize you're a tourist, at least in the tourist filled LV flagship

have fun shopping and tell us the reissue prices! So we can see if there was actually a price increase... rumors are that it will be in march

Hi,

I just came back from Paris today and I got my 227 in rue Cambon store. they still have metallic red, green, dark silver, gold. They also have new colour - chocolate (very dark brown) and pearl (it's more like light gold colour). And I got the Pearl colour.

and the price for my 227 is 1890 euro.

Hope you get it!;)

oooh can you please take pics of the pearl I'd love to see a picture of this in daylight without flash as I am trying to decide between this colour and the dark brown. Thanks