Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

I want this dark red so badly that's why I keep surfing information in order to get hold of this...and thank God that I saw gMbt message to have this luck and grab this beauty!! but I dont think it is better and gMbt is right about her point.. IMHO:P

Will i be able to get a tax refund if i mail ordered instead of buying them from the shops personally?
both london and paris?

you don't have to pay tax if the bag will be sent out of Europe (in this case the boutique send the bag straight to your country), but if you mail order the bag from Paris and sent to Germany or any European countries, I don't think you'll get tax refund when you get out of Europe because you have to be in the boutique in person to get the tax deduction form.. that's what my SA told me.

you don't have to pay tax if the bag will be sent out of Europe (in this case the boutique send the bag straight to your country), but if you mail order the bag from Paris and sent to Germany or any European countries, I don't think you'll get tax refund when you get out of Europe because you have to be in the boutique in person to get the tax deduction form.. that's what my SA told me.
The SA was incorrect, it's not because you "have to be in the boutique in person." You qualify for the VAT refund if you are purchasing the item to export out of the EU. That's why when you are leaving the EU you need to present the goods, along with your passport and boarding pass: customs will only stamp your paperwork - which you need for the refund - after they have proof that you are entitled to the detaxe.

If you are visiting multiple EU countries, for instance if you're shopping in Paris but flying home from Brussels at the end of your trip (which I will be doing in April :smile:), you take your VAT paperwork to be stamped by customs at your point of exit from the European Union, even if that was not the country where the purchase was made.

If a bag was shipped from Paris to another EU country, it does not qualify for detaxe because it was not purchased for export out of the EU.

I must share an experience with you that happened to me in the fall of 2006. I am from the United States and I made purchased several items during a visit to Austria: a beautiful Loden coat, some gloves, a few other items. I saved all my receipts, collected my stamps and prepared to receive my VAT refund.

Unfortunately, a person cannot submit their paperwork until they are exiting the EU. Our flight from Vienna to Paris (we were flying home from Paris) was delayed and there were other issues - long story short, there was not time to submit my documents in order to apply for my VAT refund.

Perhaps, currently, there are other processes in place to prevent this kind of thing. Perhaps a more seasoned traveller would have found a way to avoid this problem.

Anyways - I just wanted to share. Best of shopping luck to all!

If you are visiting multiple EU countries, for instance if you're shopping in Paris but flying home from Brussels at the end of your trip (which I will be doing in April :smile:), you take your VAT paperwork to be stamped by customs at your point of exit from the European Union, even if that was not the country where the purchase was made.

Unfortunately, a person cannot submit their paperwork until they are exiting the EU. Our flight from Vienna to Paris (we were flying home from Paris) was delayed and there were other issues - long story short, there was not time to submit my documents in order to apply for my VAT refund.

Sorry to hear you missed out on the refund.

If you are connecting flights in another EU country on the same day and are checked through (with boarding passes to your final destination), sometimes customs in the first airport will stamp your forms. For example, in the Florence airport they will stamp your forms if you're connecting elsewhere (I've flown Florence-Paris-NY many times and this has always been the case). You should also be able to get them to stamp the forms if you tell them the goods are in your checked luggage - which would make it impossible for you to produce them for customs inspection at the connecting airport.

The SA was incorrect, it's not because you "have to be in the boutique in person." You qualify for the VAT refund if you are purchasing the item to export out of the EU. That's why when you are leaving the EU you need to present the goods, along with your passport and boarding pass: customs will only stamp your paperwork - which you need for the refund - after they have proof that you are entitled to the detaxe.

If a bag was shipped from Paris to another EU country, it does not qualify for detaxe because it was not purchased for export out of the EU.

Last time, I need the bag to be sent to my sis in Germany(no Chanel boutique near her)cause she's going back to Asia and the SA could not give me the VAT refund form since its shipped out to EU contries, even though the bag later will be out of Europe.

Last time, I need the bag to be sent to my sis in Germany(no Chanel boutique near her)cause she's going back to Asia and the SA could not give me the VAT refund form since its shipped out to EU contries, even though the bag later will be out of Europe.
What you do with it after it's shipped does not matter - if it's being shipped to an EU country, they cannot give you the detaxe, as it is not being purchased for export out of the EU.

Who's professional in paris? Help me plsssssss! :crybaby:

I'm going to PARIS next week. This is my first time to go there. So I don't know anything about this city(I know only that LV has cheapest price from here :P). But I have reissue as my first wishlist (balenciaga is 2nd :wlae:) And I have to purchase reissue 2.55 about 2 items with 2 sizes at least (caz I've not this bag in my collection yet :graucho:) So I need to know the price and the store locator where I should to go. I'm looking for reissue 2.55 size 225, 226 and 227 red metallic black or dark silver and red :confused1: And which's store I should to go there :confused1:

Thank you very much