Chanel Price Increase *please include location*

Wow! Maybe the increase in price makes us want these items even more!! [emoji85][emoji33]
Um I am opposite in the opinion. I know many of my friends and people left Chanel and even moved on to the other brands for past years and now there's quality issue obviously and price doesn't match, so definitely this crazy continuous price increase will not make us want more for sure.

Um I am opposite in the opinion. I know many of my friends and people left Chanel and even moved on to the other brands for past years and now there's quality issue obviously and price doesn't match, so definitely this crazy continuous price increase will not make us want more for sure.
I feel from the reselling perspective, since the they tend to hold their value more and more each year, I do feel that it makes worth it. Even though 5128 £ is ridiculous for a the same bag that cost me 3000 at one point. So agree with you on that.
Talking about quality, I had the most embarrassing incident with my chanel boy! The interlocking clasp came off while I was at a party. Agreed that my bag was more stuffed than it should've been. But really ? Felt like I was carrying a fake all this while! Went to Chanel and I was appalled when they said "this happens very often".

I feel from the reselling perspective, since the they tend to hold their value more and more each year, I do feel that it makes worth it. Even though 5128 £ is ridiculous for a the same bag that cost me 3000 at one point. So agree with you on that.
Talking about quality, I had the most embarrassing incident with my chanel boy! The interlocking clasp came off while I was at a party. Agreed that my bag was more stuffed than it should've been. But really ? Felt like I was carrying a fake all this while! Went to Chanel and I was appalled when they said "this happens very often".
OMG sorry what happened on you during the party!? I would be embarrassed too. Thats's not acceptable, such quality control and increasing continuously that amount, completely ridiculous and insane!

jesus christ.

I bought my mini rect. caviar for 2300! When I first enquired about WOCS they were 1.400.
Im just glad SLGs didnt go up.. at least from what I can tell. I really wanted to get another miini at some point but.. maybe not. :biggrin:

Reactions: newcalimommy
jesus christ.

I bought my mini rect. caviar for 2300! When I first enquired about WOCS they were 1.400.
Im just glad SLGs didnt go up.. at least from what I can tell. I really wanted to get another miini at some point but.. maybe not. :biggrin:

The first WOC I ever bought was just over £700. I remember thinking how expensive it was for such a small bag. My first classic flap was way less than £1500 as well!

Reactions: Marlee
Fortunately I brought the mini reissue 2 weeks ago. At the time, I was debating between this and the mini coco handle but had the intention of coming back a month later to get the coco handle. Especially as 19k was the last of Karl's work I wanted these last items. I had a suspicion a price increase was impending, the fact Chanel UK did 2 price increases within a few days is a real turn off. When I saw the new prices after the announcement I accepted it with the plan to get that coco handle, the second was a blow. Yes, consumer's will still buy but there is a limit to what each person is prepared to spend. When Chanel price themselves so far out, even those with comfortable living / disposable incomes will question a purchase.

I think it's a thin line their crossing as I don't feel the new collection oozes the same elegance as Karl's.

Reactions: yinglo and S_STAR
Fortunately I brought the mini reissue 2 weeks ago. At the time, I was debating between this and the mini coco handle but had the intention of coming back a month later to get the coco handle. Especially as 19k was the last of Karl's work I wanted these last items. I had a suspicion a price increase was impending, the fact Chanel UK did 2 price increases within a few days is a real turn off. When I saw the new prices after the announcement I accepted it with the plan to get that coco handle, the second was a blow. Yes, consumer's will still buy but there is a limit to what each person is prepared to spend. When Chanel price themselves so far out, even those with comfortable living / disposable incomes will question a purchase.

I think it's a thin line their crossing as I don't feel the new collection oozes the same elegance as Karl's.

It was shocking to me to hear the UK had a double price increase! Minis did not go up in the US, but they are already so expensive. I remember when classic flaps were under $2000 US. Quality was wonderful years ago too. As far as the style of the newer bags ( and clothing) post Karl, I am not a huge fan either. A number of people including SA's and corporate level employees are expressing concern over the new direction.

The jumbo after initial increase was £5110 now it's £5230. Jokers.

Definitely gotta be joking Brexit or no Brexit to have two price increase in the UK in the same week?! They cannot be serious.

So a Jumbo I bought only 12 months ago is now £780 cheaper and a small boy I picked up in Heathrow last month £890 cheaper (including Tax free.) It's not like Chanel is saying 'Hey we're going back to using 24k Gold on our hardware' or 'Hey we are now improving the caviar/lambskin leather with new science so any scratches/marks the bag repairs itself!'

I mean I understand price increases are required for business profitability - bottomline, however, when we sit and think of the actual mark-up Chanel is making for every new bag sold it makes me re-consider buying designer unless the quality is first-class especially when the quality is not parallel with the price. Even that CC red sweater jumper that seems to be popular I tried it on and when I read the label that it wasn't even (at the minimum) 50% cashmere for that price but instead was a mix of mainly polymide, polyester, wool and acrylic fibres that you can find in primark it was a massive no from me.
Come on Chanel you've got loyal customers but the quality needs to reflect your price increases they can't just think slapping on a CC is enough to sustain because they will lose customers to other brands.

Reactions: Classy&Fab