Chanel no longer provides tracking information for shipments?

I have never had this experience before either. I bought the bag through one of my NM SAs, who always gives me the tracking number. But she located the bag at Chanel in Fashion Island, where it was rung up and shipped and where they refused to provide a tracking number. I work in NYC and used to buy all my bags in person there or in Short Hills, but during the pandemic have had at least a dozen bags shipped, most located through this same NM SA (whose name I received through someone on this forum, so thank you!), and this is an unpleasant first.
Did you try contacting your NM SA? Maybe they can get you the information. Or at least give you an explanation.

i would give it a day or two and check for tracking on the fedex app. It might not show up on your fedex account until Monday. The boutique might’ve packed and had it ready for shipping but perhaps it hasn’t been picked up or scanned by FedEx yet (weekend factor/ a missed designated pick-up time)

Has anyone else been told that Chanel no longer provides tracking information to customers for their Federal Express shipments? An assistant manager at Chanel at Fashion Island informed me by email today that it is “Chanel policy” not to provide tracking information, and that “the best (he) could do for me” is let me know when I can expect to receive the package from Federal Express. Of course, I was not told this until 2 days after I made my purchase.

So Chanel is no longer giving its customers the information necessary to contact Federal Express to find out what is going on with a package that has been delayed?

I don’t know how you all feel about this, but I am really irritated. I have put up with price increase after price increase over the years, but this policy shows such disregard for Chanel’s customers that it is the last straw for me. After 25 years of buying Chanel bags - around 150! - I am done.

I now have to change my user name for this site!
I just received my tracking number last week by text from my Sa and this person was at a stand alone boutique. I'm starting to realize Chanel is going to alienate a lot of customers with these various policy changes.

It’s for security. They do this because once you have the tracking number, you could effectively call FedEx and have the package rerouted or change the delivery. What if someone called, and said they were you, got the tracking and had it redirected to them?

Though inconvenient, it’s to ensure that the package gets to where it’s intended to go. Same thing with why they’ll only ship to billing address now.
I don’t believe that! The shipper (Chanel) can select that no changes/ no delivery exceptions are to be made on the package- and that is how the package is “secured” during transit. It is lazy follow up on Chanel’s (service) side.
If Chanel has theft issues- it’s on their side, not the carriers. If you are registered on Fed ex, ups, or USPS, all deliveries that are shipped to your address will generate a notification to the contact on file for that address- hope that helps- since Chanel doesn’t want to help.

I don’t believe that! The shipper (Chanel) can select that no changes/ no delivery exceptions are to be made on the package- and that is how the package is “secured” during transit. It is lazy follow up on Chanel’s (service) side.
If Chanel has theft issues- it’s on their side, not the carriers. If you are registered on Fed ex, ups, or USPS, all deliveries that are shipped to your address will generate a notification to the contact on file for that address- hope that helps- since Chanel doesn’t want to help.
Sounds like the SA’ might not have access/ visibility to the trancing number or your transaction once final????

Reactions: 2manychins
Sounds like the SA’ might not have access/ visibility to the trancing number or your transaction once final????
I’ve been told this by my SA at standalone. No tracking and only ship to billing address. ...and then same SA recently shipped to my office and gave me tracking. I just assumed she needed to establish a relationship and could then ship anywhere and give me tracking but who knows...

I’ve been told this by my SA at standalone. No tracking and only ship to billing address. ...and then same SA recently shipped to my office and gave me tracking. I just assumed she needed to establish a relationship and could then ship anywhere and give me tracking but who knows...

Same. My SA was able to ship somewhere else. She said they’re really cracking down Bc of resellers and fraud so I guess they just have to know u. At first my purchase was halted but a manager approved shipping to a different address than billing. I didn’t get tracking info tho

My boutique has never shared shipping info with me but I can always get tracking through the fedex phone app. Having the exact same name and address on files for both fedex and Chanel probably helped a lot. The same applies to my Chanel Nordstrom and Saks phone orders.

Its equal parts amusing and annoying how many different stories we hear depending on the SA and boutique...

The first time I ordered from a Nordstrom I was told that they will not ship “classics“ to a home address. Luckily I asked if that was a Nordstrom policy...she said “No...Chanel won’t allow it”. I proceeded to tell her that I had received classics without an issue from standalone boutiques and dept stores. She then texted to say manager had granted me an exemption and she would ship the classic to me...