Chanel no longer provides tracking information for shipments?

Dec 24, 2015
Has anyone else been told that Chanel no longer provides tracking information to customers for their Federal Express shipments? An assistant manager at Chanel at Fashion Island informed me by email today that it is “Chanel policy” not to provide tracking information, and that “the best (he) could do for me” is let me know when I can expect to receive the package from Federal Express. Of course, I was not told this until 2 days after I made my purchase.

So Chanel is no longer giving its customers the information necessary to contact Federal Express to find out what is going on with a package that has been delayed?

I don’t know how you all feel about this, but I am really irritated. I have put up with price increase after price increase over the years, but this policy shows such disregard for Chanel’s customers that it is the last straw for me. After 25 years of buying Chanel bags - around 150! - I am done.

I now have to change my user name for this site!

Has anyone else been told that Chanel no longer provides tracking information to customers for their Federal Express shipments? An assistant manager at Chanel at Fashion Island informed me by email today that it is “Chanel policy” not to provide tracking information, and that “the best (he) could do for me” is let me know when I can expect to receive the package from Federal Express. Of course, I was not told this until 2 days after I made my purchase.

So Chanel is no longer giving its customers the information necessary to contact Federal Express to find out what is going on with a package that has been delayed?

I don’t know how you all feel about this, but I am really irritated. I have put up with price increase after price increase over the years, but this policy shows such disregard for Chanel’s customers that it is the last straw for me. After 25 years of buying Chanel bags - around 150! - I am done.

I now have to change my user name for this site!
I’m shocked, why wouldn’t they give you that information. That makes no sense. How are you supposed to know which day you need to stay home to sign for the package. Plus track it as you said. Thinking about the last 5 or 6 things I ordered from one of the NM boutiques I didn’t get shipping notification either. Three of the items didn’t even come with a receipt.

I’m shocked, why wouldn’t they give you that information. That makes no sense. How are you supposed to know which day you need to stay home to sign for the package. Plus track it as you said. Thinking about the last 5 or 6 things I ordered from one of the NM boutiques I didn’t get shipping notification either. Three of the items didn’t even come with a receipt.
Apparently all they will tell you now is when you are supposed to receive it. But no tracking number, so no way to check the progress or to contact Fed Ex if it gets delayed. They clearly have no interest in making things easier for customers. Between this and all the price increases, it seems like such arrogance. No more Chanel purchases for me.

It’s for security. They do this because once you have the tracking number, you could effectively call FedEx and have the package rerouted or change the delivery. What if someone called, and said they were you, got the tracking and had it redirected to them?

Though inconvenient, it’s to ensure that the package gets to where it’s intended to go. Same thing with why they’ll only ship to billing address now.

They’ve never given me a tracking number, it’s annoying. But you can sign up for FedEx delivery manager and get an email whenever something is shipped to your address from any sender- including Chanel and anything else you might have ordered. It’s been really helpful, sometimes I get a FedEx notification before I get a shipping confirmation from whatever store I ordered something from.

It’s for security. They do this because once you have the tracking number, you could effectively call FedEx and have the package rerouted or change the delivery. What if someone called, and said they were you, got the tracking and had it redirected to them?

Though inconvenient, it’s to ensure that the package gets to where it’s intended to go. Same thing with why they’ll only ship to billing address now.
Other luxury sellers address security by coding the shipping instructions to prohibit changes to the shipping address. Van Cleef and Hermes provide tracking numbers for purchases worth more than the price of a Chanel bag. I make WAY too many online and phone purchases each year and Chanel is the only seller that I have encountered with this policy. Perhaps other sellers are smarter than Chanel in knowing how to ship securely? Or perhaps other sellers care more about customer service.

They’ve never given me a tracking number, it’s annoying. But you can sign up for FedEx delivery manager and get an email whenever something is shipped to your address from any sender- including Chanel and anything else you might have ordered. It’s been really helpful, sometimes I get a FedEx notification before I get a shipping confirmation from whatever store I ordered something from.
I have Fed Ex delivery manager - I thought the package hadn’t been shipped because it didn’t appear in my Fed Ex account information when I checked this afternoon. Then I learned from Chanel that it was shipped yesterday but it doesn’t appear because Chanel doesn’t want customers to have the information.

I didn't even realize that because after I get an email of the receipt from a SA, shortly after, I'll always receive an email with tracking information. Now that I think about it, i was always notified by Fedex, generated by own fedex account, not initiated by Chanel.

I would advise downloading the FedEx app and sign up/register your address, I automatically get notified via email and texts for any inbound shipments to my address and track them on the FedEx app with options to hold/delay or release signature, etc.

I have Fed Ex delivery manager - I thought the package hadn’t been shipped because it didn’t appear in my Fed Ex account information when I checked this afternoon. Then I learned from Chanel that it was shipped yesterday but it doesn’t appear because Chanel doesn’t want customers to have the information.
Weird! Maybe if it was “shipped” on a Friday afternoon FedEx had already picked up for the day and it won’t actually be scanned until Monday? It seems strange that Chanel would have the power to keep packages out of FedEx delivery manager.

I didn't even realize that because after I get an email of the receipt from a SA, shortly after, I'll always receive an email with tracking information. Now that I think about it, i was always notified by Fedex, generated by own fedex account, not initiated by Chanel.

I would advise downloading the FedEx app and sign up/register your address, I automatically get notified via email and texts for any inbound shipments to my address and track them on the FedEx app with options to hold/delay or release signature, et

I would advise downloading the FedEx app and sign up/register your address, I automatically get notified via email and texts for any inbound shipments to my address and track them on the FedEx app with options to hold/delay or release signature, etc.
Have you had something shipped from a Chanel boutique recently where you received the notification from Fed Ex? I hope it keeps working for you. I am signed up with Fed Ex and am able to use my account to track other shipments currently on their way to me but the shipment from Chanel does not appear.

But maybe this is a good thing. I will stop buying from Chanel, and maybe I can actually put some savings aside for a change...if I also stop buying from VCA!

Reactions: 2manychins

Actually you can’t do that. I wasn’t home for a package so they left a Missed You Notice. I wasn’t going to be home the next day either so I tried to change the delivery and it said it was prohibited.

Weird! Maybe if it was “shipped” on a Friday afternoon FedEx had already picked up for the day and it won’t actually be scanned until Monday? It seems strange that Chanel would have the power to keep packages out of FedEx delivery manager.
Apparently it has already arrived at a local Fed Ex location, but it still doesn’t appear in my Fed Ex account!

• Wow
Reactions: 2manychins
Yea I had a few items in the past month, most recent one just today. I got an email from Fedex with all the details right after the SA emailed a copy of the receipt. Then I checked on my Fedex app and clicked on "To Me" and it shows estimated delivery, where it's originating from (remote orders) with all the usual options. The Fedex notifications depending on your settings might not email you. Sometimes I get an email by Fedex, sometimes I don't but for all my shipments from Chanel, I saw/see every single one on the Fedex App ("To Me") tab.

That’s odd - I always received a text from my SA letting me know the tracking number. This is both for Bloomingdales and Chanel stand alone. OP, do you think it’s just a prickly store manager? Or have you worked with a few different stores and Still had this problem? I would be incredibly mad so I understand how you feel, but this has never happened to me and I don’t think it makes sense that they’re giving you these answers, even with the reasons noted in this thread

That’s odd - I always received a text from my SA letting me know the tracking number. This is both for Bloomingdales and Chanel stand alone. OP, do you think it’s just a prickly store manager? Or have you worked with a few different stores and Still had this problem? I would be incredibly mad so I understand how you feel, but this has never happened to me and I don’t think it makes sense that they’re giving you these answers, even with the reasons noted in this thread
I have never had this experience before either. I bought the bag through one of my NM SAs, who always gives me the tracking number. But she located the bag at Chanel in Fashion Island, where it was rung up and shipped and where they refused to provide a tracking number. I work in NYC and used to buy all my bags in person there or in Short Hills, but during the pandemic have had at least a dozen bags shipped, most located through this same NM SA (whose name I received through someone on this forum, so thank you!), and this is an unpleasant first.

• Sad
Reactions: mzbaglady1