Chanel no longer allow remote order/Shipping?

This is again great for resellers business, cuz they are all over on IG in different cities, states, countries :biggrin:. They will go to their local Botique and buy and sell. Resellers can’t be stopped at any restrictions, if anything this will enable them even more. It’s getting harder and harder for regular customers to buy things directly.
But if the purchase limits are being enforced perhaps it would deter them?

But if the purchase limits are being enforced perhaps it would deter them?
I don’t think they have purchase limit as they might be considered VIPs and many IG sellers I encountered have multiple of same item to sell. I’m sure they get their hubby/relatives to buy but they will always have access to things when regular customers get more and more restrictions with Chanel. I don’t know how it works with these resellers & chanel but they sure do get all the hot items.

OK got some info. Anyone with status can have classics shipped. All statuses w/ no RTW/ fine jewelry purchases were wiped out & now have no status at all. To get status you MUST buy RTW/ fine jewelry/ watches and have min annual spend. You also must now have status to reserve anything. Also classics 4/ yr vs 2.
Thank you. I definitely do not fall into the statuses you listed but I was able to reserve the day of launch and I had to pick up from the boutique and then the Sa offered if I wanted the merchandise shipped. This was a stand alone boutique and Bloomingdale's Chanel Sa confirmed similar information. But the Bloomingdale's Sa did tell me to keep asking when I purchase from stores that
are not yet owned by Chanel if now are they are owned by Chanel. This Sa told me Chanel will immediately block you if they find out you are going around the limits and blocking you for life.

Thank you. I definitely do not fall into the statuses you listed but I was able to reserve the day of launch and I had to pick up from the boutique and then the Sa offered if I wanted the merchandise shipped. This was a stand alone boutique and Bloomingdale's Chanel Sa confirmed similar information. But the Bloomingdale's Sa did tell me to keep asking when I purchase from stores that
are not yet owned by Chanel if now are they are owned by Chanel. This Sa told me Chanel will immediately block you if they find out you are going around the limits and blocking you for life.
Yep, and they are not shy about banning either. AND, crazy enough, at least I know of one person who was a very long time client who got banned & her whole family did as well....

Yep, and they are not shy about banning either. AND, crazy enough, at least I know of one person who was a very long time client who got banned & her whole family did as well....
I'm just curious because I was standing in a boutique and a customer was paying cash for her merchandise. So what's stopping a person who is banned to use a fake name when another account is opened up? And I know the majority of customers pay by credit card.

I'm just curious because I was standing in a boutique and a customer was paying cash for her merchandise. So what's stopping a person who is banned to use a fake name when another account is opened up? And I know the majority of customers pay by credit card.
I don't really think anything. That's the one caveat I was thinking about also. Can they require you to show a DL or ID if you're paying cash?? That would seem rather odd..

I don't really think anything. That's the one caveat I was thinking about also. Can they require you to show a DL or ID if you're paying cash?? That would seem rather odd..
Large bills are usually checked by a marker to see if counterfeit. And if I recall I do not think Chanel Sa asked to see ID for the cash transaction. I asked the Sa when I was being rung up if she needed to see ID and I was told no and I was paying by credit card. For some states there's different laws pertaining to this.

Large bills are usually checked by a marker to see if counterfeit. And if I recall I do not think Chanel Sa asked to see ID for the cash transaction. I asked the Sa when I was being rung up if she needed to see ID and I was told no and I was paying by credit card. For some states there's different laws pertaining to this.
That's what I kind of thought. For a cash (obv not counterfeit) transaction, there should be no reason why a patron shouldn't expect or receive 100% anonymity as there's no risk for the business. I would imagine if chanel demanded ID for a cash transaction that would run into some hiccups with privacy laws...

my SA just send me pics and a bag being shipped to me. Coco handle. I heard only classics they no longer ship.

Yes, I checked with my SA back then; my store still allows remotes orders as well. He said he would not be surprised if Chanel banned remote orders entirely though. But for now, I'm guessing it's just another policy that varies between boutique to boutique.

Reactions: DamierEbene and CPA