Chanel no longer allow remote order/Shipping?

I think it probably varies boutique to boutique, and certainly depends on revolving access to stock & catering to locals. Where my main boutique is, they wouldn't survive without remote orders. Also, they have clients who are a part of (and have been for years) their entire boutique order right after the shows (6 mo prior to collection release) ...so they wouldn't just drop all their VIC/ VVIC suddenly when a huge chunk (or maybe even majority) of the inventory they get is FOR those clients.

There are other changes on the way that will make them quite a bit more like the Hermes model. That's really all I can say.

I think it probably varies boutique to boutique, and certainly depends on revolving access to stock & catering to locals. Where my main boutique is, they wouldn't survive without remote orders. Also, they have clients who are a part of (and have been for years) their entire boutique order right after the shows (6 mo prior to collection release) ...so they wouldn't just drop all their VIC/ VVIC suddenly when a huge chunk (or maybe even majority) of the inventory they get is FOR those clients.

There are other changes on the way that will make them quite a bit more like the Hermes model. That's really all I can say.
This is what I am expecting : they go in the direction of hermes.

Reactions: TraceySH
Yes, as long as I've been a customer I knew I'd never heard any announcements of any kind, so was clarifying.
The boutiques DO get those announcements when they are companywide though & pass them down...but so many times the boutiques themselves vary & institute their own policies (which makes it all the more confusing). I know they've closed thousands of accounts over the last few months tho...and that was a mothership decision.

I don't doubt internally announcements are made, as at any company. :smile:
Between reading here and being a Chanel customer for 16 years, it seems to me, personally, that nothing is absolute and no stores are consistent with their implementation of "rules". I can tell by reading this thread and my personal experiences over the years, and currently, that their preferences or whatever, are not the same from store to store.

I don't doubt internally announcements are made, as at any company. :smile:
Between reading here and being a Chanel customer for 16 years, it seems to me, personally, that nothing is absolute and no stores are consistent with their implementation of "rules". I can tell by reading this thread and my personal experiences over the years, and currently, that their preferences or whatever, are not the same from store to store.
At this point I can totally understand why a customer that was given the run around to either purchase from a reseller or a personal shopper. After awhile the aggravation isn't worth the hassle.

The boutiques DO get those announcements when they are companywide though & pass them down...but so many times the boutiques themselves vary & institute their own policies (which makes it all the more confusing). I know they've closed thousands of accounts over the last few months tho...and that was a mothership decision.
Would you happen to know what kind type of accounts they closed? Resellers account? All I know it’s getting harder and harder to shop at chanel, probably a good thing for my bank account.

Would you happen to know what kind type of accounts they closed? Resellers account? All I know it’s getting harder and harder to shop at chanel, probably a good thing for my bank account.
Resellers, personal shoppers and any accounts that appear suspect. I am sure accounts that have loads of ONLY SLG, accessories, leather goods, multiples of those items, and no RTW/ watches/ high or fine jewelry? I am sure there's some algorithm. But it's happening to even people that have been "clients" for 15 years. Chanel is on a tear & money IS NOT their motive.

Resellers, personal shoppers and any accounts that appear suspect. I am sure accounts that have loads of ONLY SLG, accessories, leather goods, multiples of those items, and no RTW/ watches/ high or fine jewelry? I am sure there's some algorithm. But it's happening to even people that have been "clients" for 15 years. Chanel is on a tear & money IS NOT their motive.
Thanks for this information. But these type of customers are just opening up back up accounts. Just look at the heart bag that just dropped. With limits there's no way in the world on one IG account there's unboxing and photos of four of these hot items. And yes we are aware that there's teams of these type of customers working together.

I buy remotely from my SA who transferred to an out of state boutique. I'm getting ready to preorder my Cruise RTW (show is tomorrow yay) from her as we speak. We're also putting in a custom fine jewelry order. So, I'm pretty sure, they still allow remote purchases. Maybe this only applies to leather goods? I don't buy any leather goods.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and lulu212121
I buy remotely from my SA who transferred to an out of state boutique. I'm getting ready to preorder my Cruise RTW (show is tomorrow yay) from her as we speak. We're also putting in a custom fine jewelry order. So, I'm pretty sure, they still allow remote purchases. Maybe this only applies to leather goods? I don't buy any leather goods.
I was thinking the same. Chanel does appear to have a problem with their handbags/slg and resellers.

Thanks for this information. But these type of customers are just opening up back up accounts. Just look at the heart bag that just dropped. With limits there's no way in the world on one IG account there's unboxing and photos of four of these hot items. And yes we are aware that there's teams of these type of customers working together.
The super fakes are already out there. And they're REALLY good super fakes too. So I wouldn't always assume pics of loads of HG bags are authentic...

Just asked my NM SA...there are no policy changes there regarding remote orders...
My SA just did a remote order (shoes) for me last week. She also offered to track down a bag for me. So I wonder if this policy applies to specific boutiques. That would be discouraging if forced to rely only on local stock.

Reactions: TraceySH