Chanel Must-Haves!

Seems to me throughout the years the most popular have been:
Black jumbo silver HW
red jumbo silver or gold HW
beige jumbo gold HW in caviar
black medium large flap in lambskin or caviar
grey 05 reissue 226/227 size (or any other color reissue)

^ I think you hit it right on the mark. Those 5 are definitely must-haves.

OP Congrats on your new bag! I don't think it'll be your last. Enjoy!

I have a little collection of Chanel’s mostly smaller bags. I love what I have already, but with the Classic line being more difficult to get as well as the price increases, I’m trying to rationalize with myself if I just want a Medium Classic Flap because it’s hard to get or if I really like it?

I really like the look of the JM or Classic Clutch with Chain or even a vintage East West, but I feel pressure to get the Classic Flap first?

Does that make sense?

This is what I have in my little collection:
Black Caviar GST with GHW
Black Vintage Lambskin Mini Coco Flap with GHW
Red Sevruga WOC with SHW
Navy Blue Half Moon WOC with SHW
Light Brown Caviar Mini with SHW

Thanks!

Don't (try not to...) let the price increases and availability of the classics pressure you. Go for what you like and actually *want*.

To me, the classic and iconic Chanel is the 2.55; but the overall look of this iconic bag is the flap, quilted pattern, hardware, and chain strap. You can look at your mini's as a smaller version of this classic purse.

I do love the classic flap and was my first Chanel purchase as well. Ultimately, go for what you *really* like !

...and what works with your lifestyle. the Medium flap doesnt carry a lot. Take it for a test drive at your local boutique and see if it is comfortable. Personally, I like the Maxi. I love my Black Jumbo with SHW, but i am more comfy carrying my Max red patent or my Take Away Reissue. Biggeer, more room. A friend of mine will buy anything BUT a flap. Doesnt care for the chain, carries a lot of stuff.

But don't buy just to buy. Yes, iconic, but there are plenty of other great bags. I love the Just Madamoiselle, too!

Hi everyone! I was wondering what are your Chanel "must-haves"? Below is my super small collection in the order purchased, but I'm hoping to add a 226 Reissue in Quilted Black Aged Calfskin with Ruthenium Hardware soon to complete the trifecta =)
  • Classic Jumbo Double Flap in Quilted Black Caviar with Gold Hardware
  • Boy New Medium in Chevron Dark Navy Blue Calfskin with Silver Hardware
  • Classic Wallet on Chain in Quilted Black Lambskin with Silver Hardware
  • Classic L-Zipped Wallet in Quilted Black Caviar with Silver Hardware