- Mar 23, 2014
Wow that looks so cute, would you mind if I asked how much was it and would you say it is a bit smaller than the mini trendy? Thank you for sharing!!I got this one last week - fairly classic shape but satisfies my mini bag want. Fits cards, airpods and a mini lippy.
View attachment 5374128
View attachment 5374129
I paid around AUD$3,600 from the Chanel boutique. I don’t have the mini trendy so I’m not 100% sure, but the side of this one is more of a triangle so I find it doesn’t fit anywhere near as much as it looks cuz the flap won’t closeWow that looks cute, what
Wow that looks so cute, would you mind if I asked how much was it and would you say it is a bit smaller than the mini trendy? Thank you for sharing!!
I see, thank you so much for the quick response. It does look beautiful regardless and i am glad you enjoy wearing it. Micro bags usually don’t fit much anyway but this is one unique pieceI paid around AUD$3,600 from the Chanel boutique. I don’t have the mini trendy so I’m not 100% sure, but the side of this one is more of a triangle so I find it doesn’t fit anywhere near as much as it looks cuz the flap won’t close
I can definitely see your struggle lol. I need to learn how to pack light before getting one of these hahaFor sure - this little guy just brings me so much joy. I nearly died laughing when I was packing it to go out for the first time and had to plan my lipstick colour around which one would fit in the dang thing (there was only one, and it’s a tiny nars deluxe sample )
Love your vanity. I agree this is a very good size and i have been hearing many prefer the old version vs the new one with the mirror. You are so lucky to score a beautiful camellia version!!! Classic.The smallest I would go for is the rectangular vanity case ( love the old version without the mirror).
Being able to fit my phone is the minimum requirement...otherwise I just know I would not reach for it based on my personal lifestyle.
Anything smaller than that indeed looks cute but not several $k cute for me personally
View attachment 5374365
I admit that right now I LOVE my mini trendy. But maybe that is because it's the newest lol. I haven't actually been able to use my vanity yet because I wanted to spray it with Carbon Pro and it doesn't really go with any of my current outfits (waiting for warmer weather).I haven’t yet since i was hoping to try them on first at a boutique. Since you have both, which one do you like more? I LOVE your vanity with top handle, it is so cute!!! Thank you for sharing.
I admit that right now I LOVE my mini trendy. But maybe that is because it's the newest lol. I haven't actually been able to use my vanity yet because I wanted to spray it with Carbon Pro and it doesn't really go with any of my current outfits (waiting for warmer weather).
I guess here is a break down of pros and cons I've seen
Mini Trendy Pros:
- easier to get in and out of due to the turnlock
- lays flatter against the body, less likely to get corner dings
- has 4 cardslots (and the slots aren't super tight so it's easy to use unlike the slots in my WOC lol)
- chain retracts into the bag for easier storage
- more classic look
Mini Trendy Cons:
- Has the same issue similar to the wocs were the lining leather on the flap ends right above the card slots. This makes it a little hard to get your card out because the card ends up catching the lip of the leather. I avoid this by not pushing the card all the way down into the slot.
- Doesn't really sit upright by itself. Mine leans slightly forward which annoys me a bit.
- Kind of a lot of hardware, which I know some people don't like.
- Kind of pricey for the size
- slightly more space, makes it easier to pack
- mirror on underside of the lid
- top handle makes it easy to grab
- can sit upright by itself
- has lipstick holder
- very minimal hardware
- little fussy to get in and out of, requires both hands usually
- zipper can be hit or miss! Mine is oooook. If you get a bad zipper then you will NOT want to use the bag (I returned a caviar one before for this reason).
- more of a novelty piece, resale value in the future is probably questionable lol
- No cardslots so all your cards and money will be freefloating
- Chain can't be pulled through the bag for easy storage. My SA told me to store it like how it is in the picture but I don't really like that the teeth of the zipper are on the chain.
- cube shape may mean easier corner wear, though it's pretty small so maybe it's not as much of an issue
It's hard to say which I like more because they kind of serve different purposes. I got the mini trendy for more of an everyday micro bag and the vanity I got purely knowing it was more of a novelty item and probably won't get a ton of use (cute factor really got me here). I think if I could only keep one then I'd keep the trendy since practicality usually wins for me. Part of that reason is the color though - if I already had a black vanity then I probably wouldn't have even bought the trendy.
So I just found out that the current mini trendy is actually SMALLER than past ones!! I watched some review videos and the girl packed so much into it and I was thinking no way would that fit in mine. So I measured mine and compared it to what she measured and the side gusset is 1cm thinner and it now tapers towards the top (the older versions don't do that). SO if you do want the mini trendy and would like a little more space, maybe look for a preloved one from 22c or prior. I'm not sure how I feel about this lol, I was totally in love with it but now I feel like I got ripped off in space, but at the same time I can't help but think it looks nicer when it can't get so bulky.
I'm glad I could help! Good luck finding your vanityWow thank YOU so much for taking time listing out all the pros and cons of each bag, I greatly appreciate your help!!! I think I am leaning toward the vanity at this point mainly for the space, top handle, and its unbeatable cuteness lol. But possibly will look for a darker color if possible.
Sheesh, the mini trendy is already so small and now they are even smaller? Thanks for letting me know, I am glad you still like yours as long as the space works for you! Can't wait to try one on or see them in real life soon!