Chanel - London

I don't know about now but all boutiques had it on display when I was there in November. And as it's not popular as the other colors in the past, I doubt they are sold out. You should give them a ring.

As for the price, search for the thread with worldwide prices or ask the ladies at UK thread in this shopping forum.

Hello ladies,

I am off to London in June and plan to buy a bag and maybe a few other bits from Chanel then.
I have heard bad things about the boutique in Selfridges....

Can anyone please tell me which boutique is the best in terms of customer sevice and stock?

I have 1 day for shopping (as per husband)...

Should I head to Kensington/Chelsea area to the Sloane Street boutique and boutique in Bromton Road (and possibly Harrods), or is Old Bond Sreet/Selfridges better?

I personally prefer the Chelsea/Knightsbridge area for my other shopping (Harvey Nichols,Kings Road etc), not such a fan of overcrowded Oxford Street/Bond Street.

I will also go to Vienna right after, so does anyone have any experience with boutique and stock there?

Many thanks in advance,

Liz

It will depend on what you want to buy,ive shopped in all chanel stores,selfridges tend to get better stock,followed by sloane street and bond street,but if you want to shop in knightsbridge/chelsea area,then brompton cross store,harrods,sloane street.phone before you arrive,to get items you want held for you,have a great trip

Sloane Street consistently provides the best service (for me anyway). Brompton Road is quiet and the SAs are nice. I stop going to Harrods and Selfridges. What's the point if I am spending so much money?

Last but not least, there's always the Chanel boutique at Heathrow T3...! :lol:

MIFFY27 did you buy that cardigan?:biggrin:. depends what stock person is after,and as your looking to BUY,if selfridges had a bag someone really wanted,are they going to boycott the store,if other stores didn't have it(think not),i think if you really want the bag,you'd get it regardless,as many do.sloane street sell out pretty fast,brompton cross,is quite good for classic stock,and in summer,nice stroll from there to the kings road.june is quite busy,so just double check,but new stock comes in all the time

No, I didn't as it's a size 44 - I am a size 34 and I think small sizes disappeared when US sale hit 60% earlier in the year...!

If I cannot find my bag in London, I go to Europe...

^thats a shame,i think most people tracK down what they want from other parts of europe now,and sometimes brompton cross will transfer a bag across for you,well they did for me.shame we don't always get the same as usa.

I went to Old Bond Street this week. The SA I spoke to was horrible. She looked at me like I was worth nothing (I was wearing a very smart attire of pencil skirt and shirt)
I told her I really wanted the classic flap in navy and she bluntly told me 'we don't have it anymore'. Fine. It was like she wanted to get me out of the store or something. Attitude problem. Definately won't be going in there again-plus it's quite small.

The lady at Old Bond street said that it is unlikely other Chanel boutiques in London would have the navy as it was from the beginning of the season. However, I saw the perfect bag in NYC last week. Is it true there is different stock rotation worldwide? I passed the bag in NYC because I thought I should get it home in London (big mistake as I'm now yearning for it!)

Can anyone advise?... Thanks ;)

Thanks for all the info ladies!
I think I will stick with Sloane Street/Harrods/Brompton Road...
Unfortunately won't be in T3 as we go to Ireland next which leaves from T5 I think.
I really don't know what problem some SAs have??? It is their job to ASSIST a customer, that's what they get paid for!

Some SA's must work on commission or something. After all, these purchases arn't cheap! Anyway, called up Sloane Street, London today. Spoke to a chap called Matt. He was really lovely and very helpful. I definately recommend going there - although if you're planning on a Chanel in navy you won't get it in UK!
Have fun in Ireland lizzyo100 :smile:

Hello gorgeous ladies,

Im off to London on Thursday, and I’m dying to find a maxi (any color) :crybaby:, in any of chanel’s boutiques in London. Do you guys know if any is still available? Any hope of finding a maxi in London??? :crybaby:

Thank you
:cry: