Chanel in Rome

I had very good experience with Chanel in Rome last summer. I purchased a wallet and some shoes. But the store is super crowded, full of people. The stores in Paris are not that crowded comparing to Rome.

Hi jdmf,

do keep me posted! cos I'll only be Rome on 7th Aug and leaving prolly on 17th or 18th! :smile:

yay, pray hard for you! :smile:)
Rarababy! Yay! Hope u get your bag soon! Btw, can't remember if I've mentioned it earlier, but my hubby called Rome almost a wk ago and was advised to call 48hours before going to the shop. They will reserve for u provided bag is in stock. Even the classic flaps. Will call again on Monday. HTH!

You're welcome. All the best getting yours!
Cyanara, can I check if u were staying near Chanel boutique in Rome? If not, was it easy to get to the boutique? Did u take a cab to Chanel? My husband says that his hotel provides transport but to a location that is 2 hours away from the boutique. :sad: do you by any chance know if it'll be costly to travel by cab? Thank u so much!

Cyanara, can I check if u were staying near Chanel boutique in Rome? If not, was it easy to get to the boutique? Did u take a cab to Chanel? My husband says that his hotel provides transport but to a location that is 2 hours away from the boutique. :sad: do you by any chance know if it'll be costly to travel by cab? Thank u so much!

nope, I did not stay near the boutique. what happened was Spagna was the last stop of my itinerary for one of the days I was in rome. I don't know where your hb's hotel is so I really don't know how expensive the cab fare will be. The only cab ride I took in rome was from my hotel at Vittorio Emmanuel (one stop from Roma Termini) to Vatican that cost me 10 eu.

However if he is familar with the subway network of rome, he should be able to get there easily, especially if he is staying near Roma Termini. The nearest train station to Chanel boutique is Spagna, and when he exit, it should be at the spanish steps. Chanel boutique is to the right of the spanish steps.

Maybe you can see if there is any metro station near his hotel.

I would not recommend taking metro in Rome if you have cash money with you. It's full of pickpockets and the traffic in Rome subway is the worst I've ever experienced. And I lived in NYC and Paris for long time, I mean roman subway is something....
A cab from termini to Spagna is about 10 euro but you travel with comfort nd safe...

nope, I did not stay near the boutique. what happened was Spagna was the last stop of my itinerary for one of the days I was in rome. I don't know where your hb's hotel is so I really don't know how expensive the cab fare will be. The only cab ride I took in rome was from my hotel at Vittorio Emmanuel (one stop from Roma Termini) to Vatican that cost me 10 eu.

However if he is familar with the subway network of rome, he should be able to get there easily, especially if he is staying near Roma Termini. The nearest train station to Chanel boutique is Spagna, and when he exit, it should be at the spanish steps. Chanel boutique is to the right of the spanish steps.

Maybe you can see if there is any metro station near his hotel.
Cyanara, thank u very much for your reply. I'll check where he stays. He mentioned that the hotel transport will stop at a location that is about 2 hours away from Chanel.?:sad: how far was it from your hotel to Vatican? appreciate your advice.

I would not recommend taking metro in Rome if you have cash money with you. It's full of pickpockets and the traffic in Rome subway is the worst I've ever experienced. And I lived in NYC and Paris for long time, I mean roman subway is something....
A cab from termini to Spagna is about 10 euro but you travel with comfort nd safe...
Thank you Love4H! I will definitely let my DH know.

wow Rome sounds bad, so if im holding a chanel shopping bag, what are the risk of getting rob?
cheers

Cyanara, thank u very much for your reply. I'll check where he stays. He mentioned that the hotel transport will stop at a location that is about 2 hours away from Chanel.?:sad: how far was it from your hotel to Vatican? appreciate your advice.

Thank you Love4H! I will definitely let my DH know.

hmmm how far.. I would say about 3-4 mrt stops? about a 10-15 mins ride. Anyway if its a location 2 hours away by car to Chanel, the cab ride from that location can cost well over 100 euro! I rem a 45 min taxi ride from my hotel to CDG airport cost me more then 50 euro already.

that was my next bit of advise to give you if your hb is confirm travelling by train:
- avoid bringing his wallet onto the train at all.
- avoid rush hours
- avoid using his cc to buy any tickets, try to buy from an authorized train station staff. Buy a day pass to give allowance for mistakes, and not a one way ticket. or better, buy online! only 6 euro for a day pass and unlimited travel.
http://www.rometoolkit.com/transport/rome_travel_pass.htm
- be wary of gypsies and anyone trying to get close to him.

When I was in Europe, I bought along an anti-theft bag and stash away my passport on a detachable inner pocket I hid under my clothes. I assume your hb is a seasoned traveller and know how to protect his belongings. But I think security has improved somewhat because when I was there.. I see more police in subways, sometimes with their police dogs. there are times where we even deliberately picked a cabin with when we spot a policeman inside.

but so long as you are vigiliant with your belongings you should be ok. And also to avoid attracting uneccessary attention, maybe your hb want to bring along a no-brand paper bag to put your Chanel in, instead of using the black chanel one with the brand in front. Also, don't take the box, they will know how to pack it nicely for you without the box.

Last edited:
wow Rome sounds bad, so if im holding a chanel shopping bag, what are the risk of getting rob?
cheers

Not very much... chances are if you are buying a lot of Chanel, your first concern is not getting robbed, its how to get back to your hotel first to deposit your stuff because they are so heavy! When I was in France and laden down with Chanel, I took a cab back to my hotel straight away.

For light shopping, bring a no-brand paper bag to put your chanel purchases in.

If say you can't bear to ditch the chanel paper bag, then simply bring along another paper bag, no brand one, to cover the logo. Carry the chanel paper bag first slinged on your shoulder, then your no brand one over it, viola, hidden. The great thing about Chanel paper bags is that there is only the word chanel on the front of the bag, none at the sides. so once the front is covered, it looks like a plain black paper bag. I use this trick when I was in Milan.

Last edited:
Yes you should travel smart and conceal purchases. Please do not scream "I'm a tourist and I've just spent thousands in the boutiques!" My colleagues were targeted and pick pocketed in the train while carrying their shopping bags fr LV, prada and long champ

hmmm how far.. I would say about 3-4 mrt stops? about a 10-15 mins ride. Anyway if its a location 2 hours away by car to Chanel, the cab ride from that location can cost well over 100 euro! I rem a 45 min taxi ride from my hotel to CDG airport cost me more then 50 euro already.

that was my next bit of advise to give you if your hb is confirm travelling by train:
- avoid bringing his wallet onto the train at all.
- avoid rush hours
- avoid using his cc to buy any tickets, try to buy from an authorized train station staff. Buy a day pass to give allowance for mistakes, and not a one way ticket. or better, buy online! only 6 euro for a day pass and unlimited travel.
http://www.rometoolkit.com/transport/rome_travel_pass.htm
- be wary of gypsies and anyone trying to get close to him.

When I was in Europe, I bought along an anti-theft bag and stash away my passport on a detachable inner pocket I hid under my clothes. I assume your hb is a seasoned traveller and know how to protect his belongings. But I think security has improved somewhat because when I was there.. I see more police in subways, sometimes with their police dogs. there are times where we even deliberately picked a cabin with when we spot a policeman inside.

but so long as you are vigiliant with your belongings you should be ok. And also to avoid attracting uneccessary attention, maybe your hb want to bring along a no-brand paper bag to put your Chanel in, instead of using the black chanel one with the brand in front. Also, don't take the box, they will know how to pack it nicely for you without the box.
What a sweetheart you are! Thank u so much for these important informations! It's been a long while since we were there. Appreciate your time spent in typing all this out! It will definitely be very useful to those traveling there and anywhere for the matter of fact. Crimes are everywhere.. :sad:

What a sweetheart you are! Thank u so much for these important informations! It's been a long while since we were there. Appreciate your time spent in typing all this out! It will definitely be very useful to those traveling there and anywhere for the matter of fact. Crimes are everywhere.. :sad:

Glad to help. :smile:

cheers

Maybe it was just my experience... But I couldn't even get into the train. There was a huge crowd on the platform and people were pushing each other to get closer to the end of the platform. I was really scared to fell down fom the platform. I mean we were literally rubbing and pushing each other. 3 or 4 trains passed by and people were trying to get into the train and those were so full, literally the doors couldn't close and people from the platform couldn't get inside the train.

After waiting there for 30 minutes or so I've realized I still want to live. So I left.
I'm surprised nobody stole my money or watch bcs that crowd must had been heaven for pickpockets.

Maybe I was there for the unlucky rush hour.... But I've never forget that subway.

When I buy things from Chanel or LV or Hermes I always ask them to deliver it to me. Even the Rolex or Cartier. I don't want to walk around the city holding a bag that says "Hey, I've just spend thousands of $$$, come rob me".