Chanel Fall 2014 Runway bag: Yea or Nay?

Personally, I adore the bag. I think it's a witty perspective on an iconic design.

I read a comment earlier today about how one SA told a shopper that it's actually great when we don't connect with every piece every season. It makes the objects that make our heart beat faster that much more special. Considering that this is a seasonal, runway piece, I say you should go for it if you like it. It certainly is functional.

You can always get a classic. There are already enough of those out and about, anyways. You clearly like the design; it captivated you —and you don't have to explain your reasoning. Sometimes we like stuff because we just like stuff. Words aren't necessary. Focus on the "how," and not the "why." I guarantee you that you will smile whenever you carry this.

I actually agree with a lot of this. Following your own heart and mind is good. Just make sure that you think it through and past the present to, say, five or ten years. Ask yourself will you want to use bag "A" or "Z" in those time periods still. If the answer is yes, then go for it. If you think maybe not so much past a year or two, then it's time to second think if that's the one for you. Maybe you like bags that are only for a short time of use, or that will remind you of the year that "...happened." We are all different and we like different things. I certainly know that I do, looking into my closet. I was after my SA for that wee sporran the minute I saw it coming down the runway, and I knew I had to have it in the burgundy. Thank goodness that bag made it to production. I love it. Many might not. But I see myself using that bag absolutely in 10 years. :smile:

(I still think Karl kept the orange lamb from the US last season just to make these bags! If he'd made bags for the US out of it, there'd have been none for this show, so we got stiffed again! They would make interesting mall trick or treat nights, though!)