• Chanel “Dad”

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Hermes “Chypre”

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elizapav

Jun 17, 2015
I love the idea of both the Chanel “dad” and the Hermes “Chypre,” - offbeat chic and comfort. Naysayers say trendy but my feet like comfort, no hate please. I know not everyone’s cup of tea.

Could anyone please help me with advice on wear and sizing, if you have one or both. I have H Orans in EU 37, FWIW (which I love but my feet do not :sad:).

TIA!

This might provide some sizing info until someone comes by with firsthand experience :smile:
and this post comparing chanel dad to Dioract sizing (i did try the dioract, and that runs extremely large)

At one point, I was thinking of ordering the chypre (I’m a 37.5 in other H, and my SA said to order the 38, but I never got around to doing it) im a 38 in other chanel shoes (espadrilles and combat boots, but I don’t have the dad sandal either)
in birkenstock, the 37 is an exact fit, but for some styles, I chose a 38.

stylistically, I think the chanel would be more flattering on a wider foot, but the back strap might make the leg look chunkier.
an advantage to the chypre is the lack of logo, but I read that the coloring bled onto another members foot, IDK

Last edited:
Reactions: elizapav
I have both, in various colours etc. No fuzzy Chypres though. True to size for me for both brands, very comfy. They are both cut wider than Orans, which I also wear a lot. So far I haven’t managed to wear these out, they are definitely heavier than Orans and seem very durable.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and elizapav
This might provide some sizing info until someone comes by with firsthand experience :smile:
and this post comparing chanel dad to Dioract sizing (i did try the dioract, and that runs extremely large)

At one point, I was thinking of ordering the chypre (I’m a 37.5 in other H, and my SA said to order the 38, but I never got around to doing it) im a 38 in other chanel shoes (espadrilles and combat boots, but I don’t have the dad sandal either)

stylistically, I think the chanel would be more flattering on a wider foot, but the back strap might make the leg look chunkier.
an advantage to the chypre is the lack of logo, but I read that the coloring bled onto another members foot, IDK

Oh wow, thank you for such helpful details. Good to know, I appreciate it. More research needed on my end for sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
I have both, in various colours etc. No fuzzy Chypres though. True to size for me for both brands, very comfy. They are both cut wider than Orans, which I also wear a lot. So far I haven’t managed to wear these out, they are definitely heavier than Orans and seem very durable.

Thank you so much, that makes me learn toward Hermes, but I hadn’t considered the weight (for wear, packing, etc.). I appreciate it!

Reactions: periogirl28

thanks so much! I was able to try them in person and the Chanels fit me a full size to size 1/2 smaller than the Hermes, and I don’t have narrow feet.

Reactions: periogirl28
I tried on the chypre - needed to go up a full size from my regular shoe size (this includes Oran sizing). My heel was hanging off the back of the chypre in my usual size

Reactions: elizapav