CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Hi All
I was wondering if I could pull on your Chanel knowledge .
I purchased the rainbow reissue WOC today via whatapp/online and the SA said she gave me a white dust bag instead of the standard WOC ones because the bag is metallic . Whats the difference between the dust bags ? Thank you

The white dust bag only comes with the Classic Flap Bags . I actually prefer it since I can store the chain separately and texture is also smooth. :love:

Last edited:
The white dust bag only comes with the Classic Flap Bags . I actually prefer it since I can store the chain separately and texture is also smooth. :love:

Thank you
That will explain why she gave me the white dust bag. She said as it’s metallic it will be better for the WOC when I store it. It must be because of being able to store the chain separately and being smooth for the leather .

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ssiell
Hello fellow Chanel lovers :angel: I am eagerly planning my future birthday gift! Does anyone happen to know is the Trendy CC is always available? I have seen some information saying that is the case but it was a few years old. It seems to be a seasonal bag but I’d really like to buy one in the spring.

Reactions: Ruby5
Hi Everyone,

What is the current resale value for a Chanel Mini Square in Caviar?
I know it depends on condition as well. So let's say, what the resale value for an excellent condition mini vs a good condition mini?

Hello fellow Chanel lovers :angel: I am eagerly planning my future birthday gift! Does anyone happen to know is the Trendy CC is always available? I have seen some information saying that is the case but it was a few years old. It seems to be a seasonal bag but I’d really like to buy one in the spring.

You should be able to find one, I do believe it has been coming out every collection. It’s just finding the color you want.

Reactions: platanoparty
Thank you so much! I will keep being patient then - fingers crossed this upcoming season has some colors that work for me ^^

@platanoparty I asked an SA about the Trendy CC. It appears that it will not be coming with 21p. The expectation is that we will see it again in the next season collection (March). I love the trendy CC as well so I’m always asking around for it. I hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: platanoparty
Hi All, chanel newbie here just need some advice! I got both the 21p mini flap gold and chanel 19 large black goatskin before price increase... Do you guys recommend keeping both or return it? Is it a good investment? I like the gold due to special shiny effect (but its not durable? im afraid of color trasfer and scratches) and I only like the chanel 19 black because it is goatskin and thought it was hard to get off the waitlist/reserve lists for any chanel bags lol. I dont think I need two chanel 19 bags unless its a good investment? I cant stop staring at the carmel color chanel 19 and think black bags will always be available? I like the chanel 19 small carmel better... due to size wise and color wise.. what do you all recommend? thanks!!:panic:

Last edited:
Reactions: pursekitten
Hi All, chanel newbie here just need some advice! I got both the 21p mini flap gold and chanel 19 large black goatskin before price increase... Do you guys recommend keeping both or return it? Is it a good investment? I like the gold due to special shiny effect (but its not durable? im afraid of color trasfer and scratches) and I only like the chanel 19 black because it is goatskin and thought it was hard to get off the waitlist/reserve lists for any chanel bags lol. I dont think I need two chanel 19 bags unless its a good investment? I cant stop staring at the carmel color chanel 19 and think black bags will always be available? I like the chanel 19 small carmel better... due to size wise and color wise.. what do you all recommend? thanks!!:panic:

Hi picklelover, those are some gorgeous bags you brought home! I don't own a gold Chanel, but deliberated a very long time (~2 months) before getting the vintage lambskin Classic Flap. However, I do have another non-Chanel goatskin crossbody in sand/mink color that is super-durable and doesn't show any wear except where the gold-tone hardware touches the leather.

Anyway, here's a few questions that help me make up my mind on all luxury goods:

+ Which style do I think of first for a specific brand and makes my heart flutter?
+ How trendy is the piece?
+ What would be the resale value?
+ How often will I use the piece?

You could add a scale of 1 to 5 for each question and add up the total for each bag if you're really feeling indecisive.

IMO, I feel the most classic Chanel bag look is black leather. So for you, would the gold Chanel win in every category above? Go with your gut instinct and good luck!

Edit: Found another thread that compares Chanel goatskin and the lambskin.

Hey all, general question so I figured this might be a good place to ask it.
Has there ever been a thread along the lines of ‘show me your seasonal Chanel’ ?

I know everyone loves the CFs, and other styles have become longer-term collections (the Boy, the Gabrielle, now the 19). But I was wondering if it would be fun to have a thread where folks would post their truly ‘seasonal’ bags, i.e. bags that don’t necessarily get a specific name or are part of a series.

I searched but didn’t find this, and the Clubhouse has a thread for quirky bag owners, but it looks like the focus there is on the miniauderes and similar.

Hi. Theres an item I saw on the website a few days ago and its no longer on the site but when I called customer service, they said its available in boutiques in other states. The sa told me that I would be given a call within 72 hours. I’ve never ordered over the phone before, can someone explain to me how it works? Like what form of payment is accepted and if theres additional fees, etc. Also, is it possible for me to just go through an SA from a boutique I go to and for them to place the order? Thank you, i appreciate it. I just started buying from Chanel a few months ago so I don’t really know much.

hi everyone, i need some advice for my very 1st chanel bag pls :smile: my husband just got me a chanel mini square in lambskin, but i found this 3 little white dots on it, anyone knows what is this? i tried to buff it, but it still there :sad:

Attachments

• p3.jpeg
    p3.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 40
  • p4.jpeg
    p4.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 50
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 47