Chanel 19 lambskin vs goatskin

Peppaaa

Jun 25, 2019
I purchased my 19 flap from 20C collection in lambskin and love it so much. However, I visited the store and got a chance to see 20P’s 19 flap in goatskin. I think that the goatskin is more plasticky and structure but I personally prefer the lambskin. What do you think? Which do you prefer?

Reactions: umamanikam

umamanikam

O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
UK
I too purchased the 19 bag in navy from the 20 c .Thought I would exchange since I still got another couple of weeks since here in UK it's 30 days exchange or refund .I went last week to see a black in 20 p goatskin .The minute my SA saw my face she said she could tell I was not impressed .It looked structured ,matt,not smooshy or pillowy like the 20 c ,and definitely more plasticity as you say .I decided to stick with my original one since I feel there is something which I felt was not in the goatskin one .

Reactions: Peppaaa

carrie8i8

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
The goatskin is more matte and less shiny. It is more durable but the lambskin used on the chanel 19s are pretty durable I've read. Keep your lambskin one :smile:

Reactions: Peppaaa

ChanelCanuck

Jan 21, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Besides the texture and shininess/matte-ness, can anyone attest to the durability of goatskin vs this lambskin in the rain? I know normal untreated Chanel lambskin is a no-go, but there seems to be a coating on the 19 bags...is it a bit more water resistant?

Kayceedee88

Mar 15, 2018
So, 20P only comes in goatskin?? If I wanted the 19 Bag in lambskin, then I might be out of luck, unless the boutique carries 19 Bags from 20C?

Peppaaa

Jun 25, 2019
On Saturday I will be picking up a small 19 grey 20P for my mom. I already have the grey 19 small 20C. Once I pick up my mom’s I will take comparison shots for sure
Thanks! Would love to know the differences and your comments!

Tinder

Jul 17, 2012
Goatskin and lambskin you mean .The last season that is 20 c was lambskin and this season 20p is goatskin .
Is this true? I got my 19 flap from the 20C collection in the dark beige and I was told by my SA that it is goatskin. To me, mine looks shiny, not matte. Can any one confirm?