CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Dec 7, 2008
Hi everyone, please help me in coming to a conclusion. I am considering buying the Chanel Trendy Vanity Case. The issue is color. Right now it is available in red/orange, black and lilac. Out of these colors the best option for me is black. However, I generally don't carry black bags because I like really bright colors and my handbag buying rule is to buy unusual pieces/colors/skins etc. Haven't said that I am wondering that maybe this particular bag is better in black because I typically wear bright colors and I would be wearing this bag as a casual bag. A bright orange or a lilac vanity won't look so nice against a bright pink sweater. However, another option is to just wait to see what colors come out next season. Maybe a white or a hot pink...

The other pieces I own I don't wear as often because...honestly, because I haven't been going anywhere and they are too nice to just take out of the box for a day at my office (i.e. flower power bag, python mini, trendy cc). These bags are fun but, weren't made for going to the office or going for a stroll around the block. I am hoping that this will be a more usable bag that will also be fun (the shape makes it fun and interesting) for me.

So the question is do I lay may rule aside and invest in the black trendy cc vanity case or do I wait till next season for alternative color options?

KG415

Jul 29, 2013
NJ
Just want to say how excited I am to see Bella Hadid carrying the medallion tote. I have one in pristine condition, black caviar, and haven't worn it partly because I fear it's out of style or outdated. I know that shouldn't stop me but another big reason I don't use it is because I now prefer smaller bags with long straps to be worn crossbody or hands free, worry free on the shoulder. I'm not so into larger totes with short straps anymore. But I love the bag so much and can't part with it because I think it's so beautiful and I often take it out just to stare at it. So it's cool to see a celebrity bring it back the same way LV multicolor has been brought back (I never stopped using my MC pochettes though, lol) and other older lines and styles have been revived.

Dec 7, 2008
Just want to say how excited I am to see Bella Hadid carrying the medallion tote. I have one in pristine condition, black caviar, and haven't worn it partly because I fear it's out of style or outdated. I know that shouldn't stop me but another big reason I don't use it is because I now prefer smaller bags with long straps to be worn crossbody or hands free, worry free on the shoulder. I'm not so into larger totes with short straps anymore. But I love the bag so much and can't part with it because I think it's so beautiful and I often take it out just to stare at it. So it's cool to see a celebrity bring it back the same way LV multicolor has been brought back (I never stopped using my MC pochettes though, lol) and other older lines and styles have been revived.

I saw that picture as well and thought it was pretty cool. I also love the medallion tote! It is so so cute!

Reactions: KG415

zzceri

Nov 21, 2020
Hi everyone, I have a question and was wondering if anybody knew the answer. I'm going on a trip to Portland next week and I'm hoping to get a bag through the boutique in Nordstrom. I'm wondering if the boutiques do holds? For instance, I pay for the bag first but pick it up when I'm there? Or are they only able to do transactions the day of? Thanks in advance!

Clare_d

Oct 15, 2020
Hi Everyone - I am new to Chanel brand and recently bought my very first medium classic flap in caviar leather (both exciting and nervous due to the price tag!!)

I bought the bag brand new from the boutique and noticed that the outer flap does not lay flat and curves up (kinda like a wing - please see image below). My SA told me that this is "normal" since it's brand new caviar leather and it will soften as I continue to use it.

Since I'm so new the Chanel world, I want to consult you guys and see if this is "normal" OR if I should exchange it? I'm so new to this space, that I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or if this is a legitimate concern.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong thread - I'm still learning Purse Forum!

Attachments