CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Just want to say how excited I am to see Bella Hadid carrying the medallion tote. I have one in pristine condition, black caviar, and haven't worn it partly because I fear it's out of style or outdated. I know that shouldn't stop me but another big reason I don't use it is because I now prefer smaller bags with long straps to be worn crossbody or hands free, worry free on the shoulder. I'm not so into larger totes with short straps anymore. But I love the bag so much and can't part with it because I think it's so beautiful and I often take it out just to stare at it. So it's cool to see a celebrity bring it back the same way LV multicolor has been brought back (I never stopped using my MC pochettes though, lol) and other older lines and styles have been revived.

Just want to say how excited I am to see Bella Hadid carrying the medallion tote. I have one in pristine condition, black caviar, and haven't worn it partly because I fear it's out of style or outdated. I know that shouldn't stop me but another big reason I don't use it is because I now prefer smaller bags with long straps to be worn crossbody or hands free, worry free on the shoulder. I'm not so into larger totes with short straps anymore. But I love the bag so much and can't part with it because I think it's so beautiful and I often take it out just to stare at it. So it's cool to see a celebrity bring it back the same way LV multicolor has been brought back (I never stopped using my MC pochettes though, lol) and other older lines and styles have been revived.

I saw that picture as well and thought it was pretty cool. I also love the medallion tote! It is so so cute!

Reactions: KG415
Hi everyone, I have a question and was wondering if anybody knew the answer. I'm going on a trip to Portland next week and I'm hoping to get a bag through the boutique in Nordstrom. I'm wondering if the boutiques do holds? For instance, I pay for the bag first but pick it up when I'm there? Or are they only able to do transactions the day of? Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone - I am new to Chanel brand and recently bought my very first medium classic flap in caviar leather (both exciting and nervous due to the price tag!!)

I bought the bag brand new from the boutique and noticed that the outer flap does not lay flat and curves up (kinda like a wing - please see image below). My SA told me that this is "normal" since it's brand new caviar leather and it will soften as I continue to use it.

Since I'm so new the Chanel world, I want to consult you guys and see if this is "normal" OR if I should exchange it? I'm so new to this space, that I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or if this is a legitimate concern.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong thread - I'm still learning Purse Forum!

Attachments

• IMG_8804 2.jpg
    IMG_8804 2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 29
I’m finally in a position to add a Chanel bag to my life, and I’m haunted by a bag I saw on an acquaintance last year.

It was a medium classic flap, in black (I think lambskin, but memory fails me now), with what appeared to be ruthenium or dark silver hw. The hw wasn’t dark enough to be so black, but def too dark to be silver. Does this exist? I feel like I’m hitting a brick wall trying to find one.

Reactions: ddebartolo
Hello everyone,

Hope all is well and staying safe and fabulous :smile: Does anyone know if there was ever a point in time that any vintage flap bag did not have the pocket in the back? Instead, it was the CC logo stitched? Maybe a limited edition? Thanks in advance.

Looking for a work bag but not really into the Deauville. What do you guys think about this bag?

View attachment 4926282
Is it too plain?

I was thinking of getting the larger 19 as well but it’s about $2k more and fits less.

View attachment 4926281
View attachment 4926283
I too have been looking for a tote/work bag. I did get consider the deauville but, like you decided it was not for me.

And like you considered theshopping tote, although I haven’t seen it in person I do think it’s quite plain.
And the large 19 won’t serve the purpose.
I just decided to wait, I’m sure something will come along....

Friends, what is this bag that Helen Flanagan is wearing? It looks like she is wearing it crossbody so I don’t think it can be a classic.

Thanks for your help on this.

View attachment 4932047

It is sitting quite low on her hips. That's about where jumbo sits on me crossbody. I find it uncomfortable sitting that low and much prefer m/l where it sits at waist or just above.

Reactions: topglamchic
Friends, what is this bag that Helen Flanagan is wearing? It looks like she is wearing it crossbody so I don’t think it can be a classic.

Thanks for your help on this.

View attachment 4932047
It is sitting quite low on her hips. That's about where jumbo sits on me crossbody. I find it uncomfortable sitting that low and much prefer m/l where it sits at waist or just above.

I agree, this is how a Jumbo looks like on me when worn crossbody. Attaching my photo.:blush: A3A51869-94BB-463B-AB4A-AAA6264AF1EA.JPG

Reactions: topglamchic
Hi All
I was wondering if I could pull on your Chanel knowledge .
I purchased the rainbow reissue WOC today via whatapp/online and the SA said she gave me a white dust bag instead of the standard WOC ones because the bag is metallic . Whats the difference between the dust bags ? Thank you

Hi everyone! I saw a beautiful classic handbag in my local Chanel boutique. Black caviar leather with gold hardware. I am wondering if this is something that is ALWAYS in stock and accessible. Or if it's something that isn't always in stock and I should purchase if I see it. Thank you!!

Reactions: platanoparty