Chanel Cambon Tote authenticity tips

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello and thanx since now for your help!:smile:
    I'm completely new to Chanel and i'm in love with the Cambon line.:love: I think i'm not the only one here!!:lol: Now,i have the chance to buy a one year old medium tote in beige/black for about 450 euro. If you were me,what would you look the most to check authenticity? What are the most usual fake signs i should search for? What "screams" fake? I know it's very difficult to say without pics,almost impossible, :shame: and my questions look very silly this way...i'd like to have just a first guide to follow. I know the hologram code matches the one on the card, the handle eyelets are centered in the diamonds.The bag has a zipper closure.The seller had only one pic of it , told me she bought it the last year in Dubai.Anyone can help or give any suggestion?? Thanx a lot anyway :amuse:

• be sure the stitchings on the cc logos are even and smooth. take a look how the authentic cambon tote looks like and compare.
    • lining should be black, and i remeber the beige/black totes are made in france.
    • the strap with the lobster claw that's inside the bag should also be beige with nothing attached to it, ie a coin purse.
    • and ask for more pictures, if she refuses, i don't recommend buying it good deal or not.

2. Thanx a lot Savannah!:amuse: You've been very kind....i'll follow your advices!!;)

3. I have the flap tote Ligne Cambon- I can take detailed pics of it for you..Let me know!
    good luck!

4. Thanx a lot Jill,already PMed you!!;)

5. Usually sellers selling fake cambon bags will use an old booklet. If it is black with gold trim I would be leary of buying the bag. Also, make sure the bag tag is not black!!!!

Michele

6. Thanx Michele!!:shame:
    Would it be helpful for you if i show you the only pic available??Thanx a lot:amuse:

7. Sure, It cant hurt to show a picture!! Also, this way other members can also give you a good opinion

8. Ok!!;) I never did it,how can i post a pic?:shame: :shame: Thanx!

9. go to post reply, then click on the paper clip looking button. you can attach pix that way.

10. Thanx a lot Savannah!!!:shame: Hope it shows now!! I have this pic only...though i know it won't be enough i thought to post it anyway!!;) Thanx everybody,you're great! And a special thanx goes to Jill who spent part of her busy busy day for me....:amuse: :shame:

chanel.jpg
  11. i think you need to post more pics....

by the way here is mine.....

beige cambon A.jpg
  12. Oh,thanx a lot!!I'll try to compare them :amuse: Unfortunately that pic is the only one i have..:sad2: THANX!!!:biggrin:

13. Oh, i forgot :huh: Does yours have a zipped closure? Thanx!;)

14. is the seller from eBay ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice