Chanel Black Satin versus Noir Ceramic

ellacoach

Feb 24, 2007
the Northeast
I have Noir Ceramic which is a black with a hint of shimmer. I don't own Black Satin, but I do believe it's just a black cream with no shimmer.

ally24k

I.Heart.Bags
Apr 18, 2006
Suburbs of LA
black satin has no shimmer, just a lot of shine but it is flat black. noir ceramic is more gunmetal black w/ shimmer. i personally prefer NC but it was BS that was the big hit for Chanel

REYNALD0C

Birkin or Bust!
O.G.
May 10, 2006
Soul California
Black Satin, has shimmer! but the slightest amount. It's also a jet black! Noir Ceramic, is more of a dark gunmetal color with more shimmer.

It was the Black Satin released in France that was a flat black, that gave off the look of vinyl. The Black Satin in the US had shimmer, which gave it more of a Satin finish!

I wore Black Satin for a month straight! hahaha I looooooove that stuff. I have another bottle somewhere........ HTH!

willyouletgo

Geek Chic!
Sep 10, 2006
Portland, OR
I love them both. I think that Noir Ceramic is more chic for this season. It is a bit darker than CND Hyde in the Dark. If that helps. I have a vast collection of black and dark nail polishes. So if you want me to take pictures of a few let me know

ellacoach

Feb 24, 2007
the Northeast
I love them both. I think that Noir Ceramic is more chic for this season. It is a bit darker than CND Hyde in the Dark. If that helps. I have a vast collection of black and dark nail polishes. So if you want me to take pictures of a few let me know
Yes!! Please post some pics! I love dark polish so would love to see your collection! :tup:

Baby Boo

addicted to TPF
O.G.
Dec 20, 2005
island in the sun
i lvoe both, but NC just a touch more as its slightly different as its gunmetal color as some one else mentioned! ithink tis AMAZINg, were is balck satin is a normal straight up black