Chanel Black In and Out Flap or MJ Black Quilted Stam

Chanel Black In and Out Flap or MJ Black Quilted Stam?

• Chanel Black In and Out Flap

• Marc Jacobs Black Quilted Stam

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gatsby

O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
This is my big purchase for now and I want to make the right choice. It's down to the MJ black quilted Stam which is $1350. or the Chanel black In and Out Flap which is $2850. I really like them both although I will say the Chanel is very comfortable on the shoulder. But the price is twice as much and I have to wonder if the look is worth the price considering such a large cost difference.

I'm posting this in the general forum because I know if I post to either designer forum, there will be totally partial!:yes: Help!

I'm not quite sure what the Chanel "In and Out" flap is but I have both a Chanel jumbo caviar flap bag and the Marc Jacobs Stam and my Chanel is far more versatile. The Stam looks good but it's a heavy bag and I find it annoying after holding it for long periods of time.

Wow, I really appreciate everyone's input. I really thought it would be more split! Those who mention the timelessness of Chanel have a great point and yes, I have the Stam, she's beautiful, still in her wrappings and if I remove the chain strap she's not so heavy but that's really taking away a lot of the personality and the "point" of the Stam. Why oh why did I try on the Chanel before I left the store? Many thanks to everyone!:rolleyes:

I am a MJ girl at heart, but in this situation I would have to vote for the chanel. If I had an opportunity to have a chanel bag I would choose that over a stam any day, mostly because a black stam is fairly easy to find. They pop up on ebay for decent prices all the time and Marc debuts a different version every season it seems.